CHAPTER 64

"Ah..." Yuan Luori sat on a bench in the estate, holding a leash, looking worried.

Yuan Luori had a stubborn character. No matter how much bitterness he was holding in, he wouldn't perform for others. For example, Zhen Li, who had offended Yu Hua just like he had, could immediately fall into a sliding kneel and apologize, but Yuan Luori wouldn't apologize even if Yu Hua held his head down and made him kneel.

Yuan Luori had taken a pretty big hit from the meeting at the Protectors' base last night. He had always thought that the reason Zhen Li had been able to keep his special ability was that he had behaved well and not offended the great master clearer, while he had committed a crime and been punished by having his eyesight damaged and losing all of his power.

When they had returned to the studio this morning, Zhen Li had quietly told him that the great master clearer in fact hadn't destroyed his initial item and origin ability. Before, when he had been at the base and had suddenly lost his eyesight for a whole night, that had been the great master reactivating his initial item. So his uselessness and inability to help hadn't been the great master's punishment. It had been because he hadn't obtained recognition from the world law.

Yuan Luori was unwilling to show weakness in front of others (especially Zhen Li). He could only take advantage of his time walking the dog to say some of what was in his heart to Director Ha, who was in this with him and was also studying law.

"Tell me, why do I need to get recognition from some stupid world law?" Yuan Luori was rather defiant. "Do I need to please someone else in order to get the power? Pooh! As if!"

He heavily stroked the husky's head and tore out some fur. The little husky resisted.

"But if I had my ability, I could help the great master destroy the new levelers!" Yuan Luori's eyes lit up. "The System wants to use the levelers to hurt that great master. I wish I could help."

The husky shook its head desperately, trying to dodge Yuan Luori's torment. Yuan Luori was too rough. His head stroking gesture wasn't pleasant at all. It felt bad!

"Since this is the case, for the sake of my savior, my idol, then I can accept bowing my head before the world law." Yuan Luori finally found himself a reason to submit and felt much better. 

While there was no one around, he said to the sky, "Hey, I've decided to join the Protectors, please activate my ability."

The little husky: "..."

It had been wrong. It had only thought that Yuan Luori was stupid. It hadn't thought that he was this stupid!

"It hasn't been awakened yet?" Yuan Luori said doubtfully after waiting for a while. "What is my origin ability anyway? Hm?"

The next second, Yuan Luori grabbed his own hair with both hands and said in panic, "Xiao Ha, do you think that I didn't equip my origin ability in the first ten levels, so the System's market took it back?"

The little husky: "..."

It saw its leash fall from Yuan Luori's hands. Yuan Luori, who only had attention to spare for his ravings, didn't notice the dog's leash slackening. The little husky quietly lowered its head and took hold of the other end of the leash with its teeth so Yuan Luori couldn't take it.

While this idiot was talking to himself, it was going to quietly run off and escape Yu Hua's torture. It would hide out near the studio and wait for new companions from the Clearing League to arrive, then ask them help using the information it had learned from Yuan Luori, make them use their items to help it change to a better body!

Yuan Luori didn't notice the husky's movements at all. He took off his glasses and whispered, "My initial item was the vision link. Would my origin ability also manifest in my eyes? Or... maybe my nearsightedness isn't nearsightedness, it's an eye technique? What if what awakens is a Byakugan or Sharingan like in the anime?"