CHAPTER 100

Yu Hua only now clearly understood his innermost being. He was afraid. When he had his humanity, he had been afraid that his ideas wouldn't be supported. When he had stretched out tentative feelers and been rejected in everything, he had hidden his humanity away and used what he believed to be his firmer divinity to "control" everyone.

After he had his divinity, his self-awareness had gradually been swallowed up and his emotions had cooled day by day. He no longer cherished life, and he wasn't willing to give people another chance.

He looked at the ground littered with the corpses of his companions. What had he been thinking when he did this? He had been thinking, you were the ones who betrayed me first; you were the ones who were beguiled by the System into harming me. I'm absorbing your power not because I yearn to become stronger, but because you were the ones who acted first.

While no doubt there was no error in this way of thinking, what had his original thoughts been?In You Zhengping's memories just now, Yu Hua had seen his long-forgotten self from level 11. He had only then faintly recalled his past self. He wouldn't have thrown down his humanity. He had known very well then that human nature in extreme circumstances could more easily produce malice. He wouldn't have attempted to force levelers who weren't yet his companions in an even darker direction.

But now, he had forced his companions step by step to the point of deserting him so he could abandon his humanity with a clear conscience, absorb their power, his behavior moving closer and closer to the System's. He was afraid that the self he was now would gradually be consumed by his so-called "divinity" and become the next System.

Though now... Yu Hua gently kissed the center of You Zhengping's brow. Here was himself as a human being. No matter when, Xiao You had stored up the humanity he hadn't given up and had strode across time to offer it up with both hands. You Zhengping felt that gentle kiss. He opened his eyes and looked at Yu Hua. His face flushed slightly. They had already been married for many years. His and Yu Hua's feelings should have been those of a comfortable established couple, no more passion, only warmth.

But Yu Hua was like a treasure trove. If you only searched through it diligently, you could always dig up a new aspect, live daily life like a novel, each moment filled with happy surprise. As a matter of fact, right now You Zhengping was once again starting to be moved by Yu Hua's expression.

Within a short time, he had seen the innocent Yu Hua who had just started passing levels, a somewhat callous Yu Hua who still liked to take care of others, a Yu Hua who had been poisoned by power but was still preserving his humanity, and the Yu Hua in front of him, who had accepted and reconciled with himself. No matter which one it was, all of them could make his face flush and his heart pound. All of them were treasures he wanted to store away

"How many times am I going to fall in love at first sight?" You Zhengping touched his forehead and sighed a little helplessly.

Yu Hua thought of You Zhengping "falling in love at first sight" with him in different identities. He took Xiao You's hand and quietly said, "The next time we see each other, will you also fall in love with me at first sight?"

"Of course I will," You Zhengping said, resigning himself to fate. His eyes lit up. "Have you moved on? Will you come back home with me? I don't completely understand how the axis of time has changed, but I think this isn't a parallel world. You're still you."

Yu Hua said, "Indeed it isn't."

You Zhengping thought that Yu Hua was agreeing to come home with him. But how should they go back? He considered it and thought that the person who started the trouble ought to end it. So he let go of Yu Hua's hand and went up to "Guan Shaoguang." He picked him up and shook him. "How do we get back?"