CHAPTER 85

"Director Xiao says that Yuan Luori has captured a Destroyer. He wants us to hurry back to base to take part in the interrogation as soon as we're done with our battle," Cen Xiao said to You Zhengping, putting down his communications device.

Reporting on the status of the battle should have been You Zhengping's responsibility as captain, but after the ice person had vanished, he had stood unmoving among the unmelting ice crystals, as if he had forgotten to report. As deputy captain, Cen Xiao had taken his place in performing this task.

Cen Xiao didn't know what You Zhengping had seen. When his spatial ability had emerged just now, Cen Xiao had been aware that the world You Zhengping saw was different from what ordinary special ability users like them saw.

He and his teammates couldn't even comprehend what You Zhengping's so-called parallel spaces and spatial passages meant. They only knew that in the battle just now, the Destroyer head of the league's power had been unable to break through You Zhengping's space to harm them, while they could go through doors You Zhengping opened in the space to hurt the head of the league.

This multidimensional usage went far beyond the scope of the three-dimensional world. But if a human being absolutely had to use speech to comprehend this sort of power and tried to describe it, dropping a dimension and using a two-dimensional piece of paper could explain it. Looking at the area around the central park as a picture hanging on a wall, You Zhengping's power amounted to reflection, photography, or some other copying method of producing a man-made forgery. Then he had instantly moved Cen Xiao and the others into the forgery.

In this forgery, all power was a tenth of what it was in the original picture. The Destroyer's power had also been suppressed to one tenth, so their body temperatures had naturally warmed up. Originally, the temperature had been lowered from 30°C to -200°C; the total change was 230°C. After being lowered to one tenth, the change in temperature was only 23°C. Seven degrees above zero couldn't harm the Protectors.

To use a three-dimensional example, the forgery You Zhengping had created was ten centimeters away from the original pictures, and it was on a different dimension of the coordinate plane. The Destroyer couldn't break through the boundaries of dimension to attack the people in the other picture, but they could see them in the reflection, so they had mistakenly thought that those people were in the same space as them, but the attacks they had attempted had failed.

To explain two-dimensionally, You Zhengping could draw a line between the forgery and the original, and the members of the Protector squad could attack through that line. If the Destroyer wanted to hurt them, the only means was to counterattack at the moment of their attack. One wonders who would be able to understand these rules in the midst of battle and then fight back while also outnumbered by the other side.

Under the absolute control of the law, the Destroyer had had no power to resist. If they had been able to entirely grasp the power of temperature, they might still have stood a fighting chance. Sadly, they had been unable to contain that power and in the end had been crushed between the internal and external attacks, turning into countless ice crystals floating through the air.

You Zhengping removed the parallel space and returned to the real world with the others. Standing where the head of the league had disappeared with the ice crystals falling on him, he gently closed his eyes.

"Save me..." The last words the head of the league had left behind using natural law power echoed in You Zhengping's brain. Cen Xiao and the others couldn't hear this sound.

The head of the league hadn't moved to kill them. They had emphasized that they were going to die, but they had launched their attack as quickly as possible, and had even let You Zhengping understand the true use of his spaces. Had they truly not noticed You Zhengping's other spaces? At the time, You Zhengping's so-called spatial ability had been to trap objects between two passages. He hadn't truly established an alternate space.