CHAPTER 93

Two hours passed in a flash. Yu Hua's biological alarm clock was precise. Like before, he opened his eyes after precisely one hour and fifty-nine minutes, one minute before the arranged time. This view of time was probably carved into his genes by now. Even when he was completely exhausted, even if he could only rest for ten minutes, he would still wake up a minute in advance and prepare for battle ahead of everyone else.

This awakening was different from before. At some point he had turned over so he was eye to eye with rainbow-haired Xiao You. Xiao You's legs in their tattered jeans were pressing heavily against his waist. The black cloak he had given Xiao You was draped over both of them. The wretch was even letting out quiet, happy snores.

There was still a minute to waste. Yu Hua put on a frosty expression and pinched Xiao You's nose. He still didn't wake up. How could he sleep so soundly? There was an unnoticed smile on Yu Hua's face. He drew back the hand pinching Xiao You's nose. His gaze fell on Xiao You's lips, and he slowly lowered his head.

His mind as always resisted close contact with a stranger, but his body was unusually honest. In his sleep, he had unwittingly turned over and embraced Xiao You, letting him get close without any defenses. All of his body's reactions spoke of how attracted he was to this person.

It was an attraction that was impossible to resist. Yu Hua couldn't imagine how a leveler of unknown origin could have such a fatal attraction for him, but it had indeed happened. Luckily, his willpower was strong to a psychotic degree. Just before he kissed Xiao You, he drew back, his gaze falling on Xiao You's bare feet.

The frostbite had been healed, but...the sight of the bare feet was irksome. Yu Hua got a pair of socks and leather boots from the System's space. He always collected these things and gave them to people who needed them to lighten the strain on the System's space. He put the socks onto Xiao You's feet. This person could really sleep. This movement still didn't wake him. If his alertness was so low, how had he passed this many levels? After putting on the socks, there were still the shoes. The brief minute had passed. The temporary camp's alarm sounded, startling You Zhengping awake.

He sat up at once and blearily mumbled, "I'm dead, I'm dead, I'll be late..."

You Zhengping's gaze fell on Yu Hua. He saw Yu Hua holding a pair of black leather boots and holding You Zhengping's somewhat slender ankle, putting a boot on for him. Seeing Yu Hua doing this while wearing his camouflage outfit instantly brought You Zhengping back to when they had first been married. He had slept very late then, and there was never enough time in the morning to get out of bed. 

Yu Hua would scoop him out of bed while he was still muddled from sleep and pass him a cup and a toothbrush with toothpaste squeezed onto it. When he had blearily brushed his teeth and washed his face, his breakfast and clothes would also be ready. With a bun in his mouth, he would hold out his arms, and Yu Hua would help put on his clothes so he wouldn't be late.

At the time, he'd simply been looked after like a baby. Later he had insisted on getting up early. Apart from worrying about Yu Hua, he also didn't want to be an overgrown baby anymore. Yu Hua holding the boots now brought You Zhengping back to their honeymoon period.

"You..." You Zhengping had just gotten one word out when the new leather boots were thrown against his chest. His face like winter frost, Yu Hua said, "Put them on or you'll slow down the team."

"Okay." You Zhengping obediently put on the brand new warm leather boots. Seeing Yu Hua was still sunk in the shock of having been found out, he sidled over to stealthily kiss Yu Hua's face. Smiling, he said, "The shoes and socks are very warm. Thank you."

"You!" Yu Hua said coldly. "Behave yourself!"

"Yes, yes." You Zhengping nodded perfunctorily. "You did it for the efficiency of the team."