CHAPTER 69

Just from the "conquer the world" he had heard before coming through the door, Yu Hua determined that Yuan Luori knew his true identity. He stepped calmly through the door and refuted these words with the language of a common social animal, at the same time giving Zhen Li an apparently careless glance. Zhen Li hunched his shoulders. He shook his head slightly towards Yu Hua. 

Yu Hua understood that Zhen Li had acted in time to prevent Yuan Luori from spilling the beans in front of Huan Zixu and Lian Yufan. He was satisfied. Zhen Li was cowardly and soft, but he won through by being harmless. He had no aggression and no bad intentions. 

He also had his petty tricks and means of self-protection. If this sort of person wanted to conceal something or trick others, it would be hard to discover it. Yu Hua understood this reasoning. That was why he had been interested in Zhen Li in the first place and had chosen him to establish this studio, and told him his identity.

There were some secrets it was hard to cover up without an accomplice. In the studio, he was like a fish put back into the water. All the Protectors were firmly convince concerning his identity; Zhen Li's contribution could not go unnoticed.

"Have they already started recording?" Yu Hua's gaze swept over Zhen Li, and he nodded slightly. "Well done."

Zhen Li understood the double meaning in these words and was instantly inspired. The small makeup brush in his hand fluttered cleverly over Yuan Luori's face. The movements of his fingers were direct and efficient. When he was moving quickly, if there was a faint lag in the livestream, his movements would leave behind a trail on the screen, like a special effect.

[Is he doing makeup or performing a hand seal? I keep feeling he's about to break out some ninjutsu.]

[Watching the makeup livestream feels like watching special effects.]

[There are people who seem to be soft and cute presidents on the surface, but whose true identity is martial arts master. Look at my Buddha Palm Technique!]

[What Buddha Palm Technique? It's clearly a ninjutsu hand seal!]

[It's obviously a Sunflower Acupressure move!]

The barrage began to argue about the name of Zhen Li's technique. Yu Hua, meanwhile, after making small talk with the show group, went over to Yuan Luori and watched Zhen Li do Yuan Luori's makeup. Zhen Li was nimble. In a moment, the makeup was done. He had deepened the outlines of Yuan Luori's features, making them look sharper and clearer, so icily arrogant that it was threatening.

Yu Hua raised his hand and brought it down on Yuan Luori's head. In a normal voice, he said, "You seem nervous. That's unavoidable when it's your first time on camera. Don't worry, calm yourself, just behave as usual. Director Lian and our new Director Huan are both watching. You're a veteran employee. Don't embarrass yourself."

Yuan Luori felt cold seeping into the top of his head from Yu Hua's hand. He was instantly frozen from his head down to the soles of his feet. The originally simple thoughts in his brain instantly achieved enlightenment. He understood what Yu Hua meant.

"Behave as usual," "Director Lian and Director Huan are watching," "don't embarrass yourself"... Yu Hua was telling him to maintain his usual attitude so the other two wouldn't see through him.

And-and was he also supposed to behave as impertinently towards the great master as before? Yuan Luori felt tremendously stressed. His fingers began to shake. Zhen Li saw that things weren't going well and quickly grabbed Yuan Luori's hands, looking considerate. Smiling, he came to the rescue. 

"Xiao Yuan hasn't seen many people. When there are a lot of people around, he gets nervous, and he even has a hard time talking. Director Yu, don't you still have some work to do? I remember you don't like appearing on camera."