CHAPTER 23

The employment contract needed to be filed at the Bureau of Personnel. They had done this with Yu Hua's contract before. Zhen Li didn't have this legal awareness. When he had hired Yu Hua, it had been Yu Hua, fulfilling the responsibilities of a human resources director, who had reminded him.

Yuan Luori sat in Zhen Li's chair, legs crossed arrogantly on top of the desk. Seeing that Yu Hua was about to leave after arranging the contract, he got up out of his half-collapsed slouch and stood on the desk, the tips of his feet lightly touching the desktop. Then, like a black cat, he noiselessly appeared in front of Yu Hua.

"Where are you going?" Yuan Luori said in warning.

Yu Hua lowered his eyes to avoid Yuan Luori and his parrot seeing his contemptuous expression. In a resigned voice, he said, "When we hire a new person, I have to go register it at the Bureau of Personnel. That's stipulated by law."

"Ha, law?" Yuan Luori tossed the dagger playfully. "What good is law? Can you eat it? You natives have it too easy. In the eyes of us levelers, law is worth less than a slice of bread. Pooh!"

Seeing a sight too painful to behold, Zhen Li covered his face and turned away, not daring to look at Yuan Luori's smug, arrogant expression. This was his first time feeling that knowing too much was painful.

"You both have super powers, so you think you can trample on the law, but I'm different. I'm just an ordinary person. I've spent the first part of my life properly observing law and discipline. I hope to pass the rest of my life just as steadily," Yu Hua said.

"If you want to file it, go ahead, but..." Yuan Luori pointed to the wound on his face. "What will you do if someone asks you about that wound?"

"I'll say...that a feral black cat scratched me." Yu Hua looked Yuan Luori's clothes up and down.

Yuan Luori could tell that Yu Hua's "feral black cat" meant him. He didn't take offense. Feral meant free, and feline animals had strong attack and alertness capabilities, which suited the life of an assassin. Feline imitation was among Yuan Luori's skills. Calling him a black cat was tantamount to praising him, saying he was a killer in the night. He wasn't averse to this form of address.

"You can only get at me with your words. Remember, if you dare to tell anyone, not only will you be poisoned to death, your family is also finished," Yuan Luori said in a dangerous voice.

Yu Hua's gaze swept over Yuan Luori. Leaving behind a meaningful gaze, he took the contract and left. Hearing their dialogue, Zhen Li covered his face. He had suddenly realized the great master's intentions. 

The great master going to file the contract meant that they were going to keep the feral black cat. If you were taking in a stray cat, didn't you first have to vaccinate it to eliminate anything dangerous it might be carrying? Maybe you even had to snip off its balls.

Thinking of that, Zhen Li felt excited. He thought, Ignorance really is bliss. Then he went over and said, "Director Yuan, should we discuss how to promote our ship? I can see that your skeleton is very supple, as flexible as a cat's. It should be easy for you to learn to dance, right?"

Yuan Luori's attitude towards Zhen Li was all right. It wasn't the sort of superior attitude he had towards Yu Hua. He coldly said, "If you like making a fool of yourself, then go ahead. Don't imagine that I'm going prance around with you! At most I'll appear in front of the livestream camera. As for the ship, that's your responsibility."

"Okay." Zhen Li nodded indifferently, then started planning dance moves according to Yuan Luori's physique.

The great master wanted to conceal his identity, and he would cooperate for now, though first he had to prepare himself. Zhen Li thought that with Yuan Luori's attitude, in a few days he would be studying sliding kneels along with him.