CHAPTER 113

It was as though everyone's hearts had been tightly squeezed by an invisible hand. They could only struggle to beat a bit when that hand released slightly. Most frightening of all, this frightening power incomprehensible to the average person was still constantly increasing. Perhaps the unimaginable power had no limit. It was as though a mountain was pressing down on everyone's bodies and minds. 

It was hard to breathe. Their hearts beat weakly, their bodies trembled uncontrollably, and their hands were as cold as a corpse. Just the pressure of the power made them lose the ability to move. In front of such a fearful being, even assembling all the world's Protectors' power into the Source Project wouldn't make up one thousandth of it. 

When everyone's endurance came to a boundary point, the pressure on them lightened. It seemed as though the power ascended into the sky, letting everyone's hearts relax. Director Xiao's communications device instantly sounded. 

He pressed the call key and heard the anxious voice of the dispatcher on the other end: "Director, in all of Huaxia... No, in the whole world, all the special ability users simultaneously felt two powers whose value is impossible to estimate. Protection Organizations abroad have used their instruments to determined that one of these powers came from space, while the source of the other is in the Xuyang District!"

Director Xiao had hung up the call when a soldier's urgent report came from outside: "Reporting to the director—outside...there are unusual phenomena in the sky!"

The young soldier couldn't describe what was happening outside. Director Xiao and the others ignored their discomfort and immediately rushed out of the base. While going out the door, Yuan Luori was practically groping around to find his way forward. He and the parrot seemed to be blind. Next to him, Zhen Li's legs had gone weak, and he was having trouble staying upright. 

He was being held up by Cen Xiao. Luckily, Luo Huai, who always seemed invisible, noticed Yuan Luori's unusual state and came over to support him and pick up the parrot. When he touched Yuan Luori, Luo Huai's expression changed slightly. Through his skin, he sensed the indescribable terror in the depths of Yuan Luori's heart.

"Don't be scared," Luo Huai comforted quietly. "The Protection Organization isn't as weak as you think."

Luo Huai could only sense Yuan Luori's deeply hidden terror. This was an emotion that Yuan Luori couldn't control; it was transmitting outward. Luo Huai didn't use his special ability to test his memories, and he didn't understand what Yuan Luori was so afraid of. Yuan Luori, who could see nothing but darkness, leaned close to Luo Huai. At this moment, he wished desperately for what his eyes were seeing to be wrong.

The location of the base had been revealed during the battle with the Destroyers. Such a large battle couldn't be covered up, so Director Xiao no longer hid it from the studio's staff. After the battle, Zhen Li and the others were no longer knocked out going to the base. They went there and back wide awake.

Now there was also no need to restrict everyone to the base. Director Xiao raised his head slightly, and a path opened through the lake above the base. They took an elevator to the summit of the base and boarded a helicopter. The helicopter flew up into the sky, and the parted lake waters returned to their original position, covering the location of the base once more.

Apart from Zhen Li, this was everyone's first time seeing the full view of the base. Huan Zixu looked at the tall dikes on either side of the lake, which far surpassed those of ordinary lakes, and understood. These dikes weren't for guarding against high tide. They were there so that in an emergency, Director Xiao could part the lake waters and turn the underwater base into a battle fortress that could provide fire support for the Protectors.