CHAPTE 32

When his husband hugged him, You Zhengping felt a chill spread from his waist to his limbs. A wild animal's instinct told You Zhengping that something was wrong.  Why would he feel such a sense of crisis?

He had always trusted his sixth sense. In actual combat exercises, this sort of feeling had many times helped You Zhengping discover traps and escape being blown sky high. He quickly used his brain, wildly glancing all around out of the corner of his eye, and finally saw Lian Yufan openly wearing those light gray pants.

When he heard Yu Hua invite Lian Yufan to eat, You Zhengping immediately hiccuped, forced a smile, and shook his head, refusing. "There's no need, is there? We don't know each other very well..."

"What do you mean, we don't know each other well?" Yu Hua said, smiling. "You're my family member, you and Cen Xiao have been best friends for years, Cen Xiao knows my boss, and Director Lian is a new staff member who came over on purpose to take care of things for Cen Xiao and President Zhen. Our connections are clear. We can sit down to a late night snack together to get closer. It can count as team building for our new company. Right, President Zhen?"

"Right, right!" When the great master spoke, Zhen Li didn't care not to follow his lead. He nodded in agreement and said to Lian Yufan, "Director Lian, thank you for taking the trouble to come. Let's go eat."

"Why don't we call Director Yuan, too? Does he know about Director Lian?" Yu Hua took out his phone, pretending he was asking a casual question.

"Well... Director Yuan...does he...know?" How would Zhen Li know whether Lian Yufan had said mentioned this to Yuan Luori? He quickly shot a glance at Lian Yufan, deliberately avoiding You Zhengping and Cen Xiao's gazes. As far as Zhen Li knew, You and Cen were ordinary people!

Lian Yufan, however, calmly said, "I've heard President Zhen mention this Director Yuan, but I've never seen him."

What he meant was that Yuan Luori had no idea about any new employee. Zhen Li said, "If you didn't reach out to him, then he doesn't know. After all, I haven't mentioned it."

"Then I'll call him." Yu Hua quickly dialed the number, not giving anyone a chance to stop him.

Yuan Luori's phone was currently in the hands of a specialist. His System had been deleted by the black-cloaked man. To determine the truth of this, the Protection Organization was performing a comprehensive analysis of it.

"His phone is off," Yu Hua said, hanging up. "It seem that we won't be able to invite Director Yuan tonight. Let's do it another time if there's a chance."

Lian Yufan deliberated stood closer to Yu Hua, stepping forward with the stained pant leg. He extended a hand towards him. "Director Yu, we'll be colleagues from now on."

You Zhengping saw his movement and was so scared his heart nearly stopped beating. In a flash, he appeared in front of Yu Hua, taking Yu Hua's place in shaking Lian Yufan's hand, saying, "I'm Yu Hua's husband. You'll be working together at the same company now, so I'd like you to look after him."

As he spoke, You Zhengping avoided the others' gazes, wildly throwing looks at Lian Yufan, blinking so hard he was about to go cross-eyed, mouthing the word "pants."

Yu Hua saw You Zhengping scramble to shake hands with Director Lian first. With a faint warm smile, he said, "My husband is very concerned about me. It's a little embarrassing."

Lian Yufan threw off You Zhengping's hand, ignored his looks, pushed him aside, and took another step towards Yu Hua. It was as if he was scared Yu Hua wouldn't see the pants. You Zhengping, having been pushed aside: "..."