CHAPTER 105

"What does Director Yu already know about you?" Zhen Li asked curiously, simplicity written in his eyes.

Yuan Luori was also interested in getting in on the fun. "What does he know? I've been away from the studio for over forty days. What's new?"

"Bark?" Director Ha also widened its blue eyes and tilted its head.

Huan Zixu uncomfortably turned his face away under the blankly stupid gazes of the two men and the dog. He swallowed down his bitterness and obscurely said, "Nothing, I'm just mad that he didn't give me any money."

Yuan Luori knew Yu Hua's identity. Remembering Huan Zixu's disdainful attitude towards Yu Hua and the treatment he'd had before, only being able to eat expired instant noodles, he felt that they were wanderers along the same path. While he couldn't reveal Yu Hua's identity, he could still comfort someone who, like him before, was unknowing. 

So he said, "I was just the same before. You'll be fine as soon as there's someone new in a lower position than you."

Then he proudly raised his head, crossing his arms in front of his chest, displaying that his position was higher. Zhen Li tugged at Yuan Luori's clothes to tell him not to irritate Huan Zixu again. Yuan Luori's comfort would bring him more enmity than a direct provocation.

Lian Yufan, reveling in the misfortune of others, said, "But the studio does have someone new coming. Isn't Feng Kui new? We haven't informed Yu Hua yet. I'm not going to do it this time. Whoever feels like it, go ahead."

Each time someone new came to the studio, they got a layer of skin peeled off. Everyone was well aware of this. They all looked sympathetically at Feng Kui. Feng Kui was entirely unaware. He squeezed Huan Zixu's shoulder, quietly telling him that it didn't matter if he had to give up the apartment.

"I'll introduce Feng Kui," Huan Zixu said. "Feng Kui's disposition is simple. He's kind and easily bullied. I'll personally attend to the contract. If Yu Hua dares to exploit Feng Kui, I won't let him join the studio. Anyway, Zhen Li and Yuan Luori are already enough to attract levelers. Why do you have to keep adding new people?" Lian Yufan looked at Huan Zixu and didn't answer.

This was something that the Protection Organization had in fact discussed and resolved upon, in view of Zhen Li and Yuan Luori's changes for the better, their ability to even become true Protectors. The organization believed that placing the Destroyers in surroundings where most people were like them would make them calm. 

When their feelings settled, they would be able to see Zhen Li and Yuan Luori's treatment. The disparity in benefits would make the Destroyers inevitably develop in the direction of Zhen Li and Yuan Luori, long to become Protectors, make contributions towards protecting the world. Without noticing it, the Xuyang District Protection Organization's treatment of Destroyers had become gentler.

When those captured during this last operation, Destroyer 187 and the "Guan Shaoguang" whose memories had been wiped by the System and who had yet to awaken, had been fully educated, they would probably also join the studio. Lian Yufan considered this scene and suddenly felt weary. Mainly this was because the studio was too small. It would be crowded enough adding just Feng Kui.

They had already arrived near the studio without noticing it. Everyone got out of the car under a shelter. Feng Kui's foot tread heavily on the ground. When he got out, the armed car next to him shook.

Lian Yufan: "..."

Wait, wasn't there something he'd forgotten? They swiped their works cards and went into the office building. They got on the elevator and heard the overload notifications. That was when Lian Yufan realized what he had forgotten. With Feng Kui's weight, could he ride an elevator?