CHAPTER 63

On Monday morning, Yu Hua came to work looking gloomy. He had passed a rather chaotic weekend. First he had happily passed a romantic Saturday with his husband, which his husband had considerately prepared in accordance with his interests. Though the choice of movie had been kind of funny, that wasn't a big problem. That day should have been very happy! But two Destroyers had suddenly appeared. Yu Hua had been ready to forgive them onto account of them sensibly giving him and You Zhengping pink hearts.

But Xiao You had urgently gone out "on assignment" on Saturday night because of those two Destroyers, leaving him lying alone among decomposing rose petals. He had gotten up in the morning and still had to work to scrub the bedding. And the new Destroyers had brainwashed his subordinates. First thing on a Sunday morning, he had been faced with his ignorant subordinates' disobedience.

Yu Hua had even printed out the receipt from the app-based taxi, but Huan Zixu had "changed" his impression, making him think that he had stayed home all day sleeping and that the business with the warehouse hadn't happened. So what about his plan to make his subordinates kneel on the receipt on the acupressure mat? Yu Hua was annoyed.

The absolute most angering thing was that these two seemed to know quite a lot, Xiao You had gone to the base and hadn't come back, and Yu Hua had slept alone for another night. They had just gone on a sweet date, and it had been closely followed by two nights of solitude in a row. Was this how a normal couple was supposed to live?

According to precedent, every time they caught a Destroyer, the next morning, Xiao You would come home early. Yu Hua had gotten up first thing and baked many cute cakes and made egg yolk pastries, cream puffs, and other such afternoon tea foods. He had put them in a lunchbox and carefully made an ice bag, so that when Xiao You came home and finished eating breakfast, he could take them to work and share them with Cen Xiao and the rest of his friends. This way, Cen Xiao would praise him for his virtuousness and continued advising Xiao You to treat him well.

Yes, while he had always been unhappy about Cen Xiao so clearly coming between them, this time Yu Hua was inwardly in approval of Cen Xiao. He knew to advise Xiao You to return to his home. He was a good brother. Even though the person Xiao You liked this time was also Yu Hua himself... Thinking of this, Yu Hua felt happy and pleased, and the little pastries he made were especially delicious. But Xiao You didn't come home in the morning.

At 8:30 AM, Yu Hua had stared at the table covered in pastries, his mood going from clear skies to a thunderstorm. He couldn't resist calling Xiao You. Xiao You did pick up. He said he was working back-to-back shifts. After finishing his assignment, he had gone straight to work. He would only be back in the evening.

If he could take the call, it showed that he had left the base and returned to the police team. Why could he return to the police team but not come before that to see him? They could have eaten breakfast together! If he didn't have time to eat breakfast, he still could have come back to have a look at him, kiss him, take the sweets and go!

Yu Hua raised his hand and brought his palm down towards the sweets he had worked hard to make. The air pressure around him dropped. If that palm fell, then the whole Xuyang District might be done for.

When the calm was only a millimeter away from the sweets, the message notification belonging to You Zhengping rang. Yu Hua glanced out of the corner of his eye and saw a pop-up window on his phone: I'm sorry for being so busy right now. In a few days, I'll ask for a vacation and go on a trip with you, okay? Love you (finger heart).

The power to topple mountain and overturn seas vanished in an instant. The direction of Yu Hua's palm changed. He carefully packed up the mango layer cake and strawberry cake on the table into cake boxes and put them into another lunchbox. He also wrote out a label that said "exclusively for You Zhengping" and stuck it onto the lunchbox.