CHAPTER 80

After Yu Hua locked the studio door, Director Ha was left alone in the dance room. It hopped in place a few times, bit a plastic bench to pieces, scattered the pieces of the bench all over the floor of the dance room, then lay down amid the pieces, blinked its big eyes, and slowly closed them. At some point, it had begun to fear loneliness.

Had it happened when Yuan Luori had gone to join the show group and there had been no one to keep it company? Or had it been when Huan Zixu had rented an apartment and the studio had become empty at night? Or was it that he couldn't go out to play with Junjun at night, so it had no way to let off the vigorous energy inside itself?

Director Ha didn't know the reason. It only knew that when the studio was empty, it would mess up the clean floor of the dance room so it wouldn't be so empty. It curled up by the door, quietly waiting for someone to come to the studio the next day. If Yu Hua was the first to come in, when he saw the disorder on the floor, he would shut it into its cage. There was a delicious dog treat hanging in the cage that it could see but not eat. It would feel awful all day.

If Zhen Li came first, he would stroke its head and quickly clean the room so Yu Hua wouldn't punish it. If Lian Yufan came first, he would grumble about whether someone had forgotten to walk the dog yesterday, not giving it a chance to let off all its energy and leading it to destroy things in the studio.

If Huan Zixu came first, he would tap Director Ha's forehead and say to himself, "This husky is purebred. When it grows up, we can sell it out for breeding and maybe make up our losses."

When someone came in and saw the mess Director Ha had caused, Director Ha would tuck its tail between its legs and hide in a corner, guiltily accepting chastisement, then next time it would do it again. It didn't want to do it. It didn't really have that much energy to let off. Junjun was still on summer vacation and spent a long time playing with it every day.

It was just...lonely. It wanted to use these things to demonstrate its existence, make them come to pet its head, even if they slapped it. Zhen Li often livestreamed with Director Ha, and he would show the fans the objects Director Ha had destroyed. After several livestreams, Director Ha had quite a lot of fans. People often sent it dog food, nutritional paste, chew toys, rabbit's ears, beef jerky...and many other fun and tasty things.

At first Director Ha had resisted them, but now it had given up resisting. It was getting more and more like a dog. Sometimes Director Ha even forgot that it had once been the bomb freak leveler. It only wanted to run around cheerfully.

"Awooooo," Director Ha called in a low, mournful howl. Yu Hua hadn't walked it before leaving. How was it going to see Junjun?

During its unhappiness, a building blew up outside. Director Ha leapt to the window and stood up. It saw that about three kilometers away, a building under construction had collapsed. It had vaguely heard Huan Zixu mention that building yesterday. Huan Zixu had been standing by the window. He had narrowed his eyes, looked at the building, and nodded to show satisfaction.

The building had exploded. Outside, thunder rumbled and lightning flashed. Director Ha was terrified of rain and thunder. It still remembered the night it had become a dog. There had been a downpour, the boom of thunder and the flash of lightning. Yu Hua, soaked by the rain, had carried it through the rain for a long time. Then he had dropped it in a corner of the studio. It had been cold, dark, and scary.

When it heard thunder, Director Ha lay down and covered its ears with its paws, trembling. Suddenly, a very subtle feeling arose in its heart. It felt awful, painful, frightening, as though it was about to lose some important person. Perhaps it was the sixth sense of a leveler, or perhaps it was the animal instinct of a dog; the image of Junjun appeared in Director Ha's brain.