CHAPTER 52

The thin needles seemed like rubber, but in reality they were a sort of memory metal he had never seen before. You Zhengping was lying through his teeth when he described them as rubber.

The two of them went through the narrow passage, each supporting the other, and entered a labyrinth. There was a line of green characters on the silver white metal of the labyrinth entrance: You have come through the many perils of the trap-laden passage to the labyrinth. The labyrinth is the second line of defense for the occupant of the tomb. There may be unknown living beings protecting it. If you want to pass through the labyrinth, you must give up your companion. Are you ready?

"The escape room is planned out pretty interestingly," You Zhengping said, stroking his chin. "Unknown living beings...those must be the employees? I figure they'll be dressed up in a very frightening way. I can't let them scare me."

You Zhengping said this upfront so that if some monster really did appear in the labyrinth, Yu Hua wouldn't get suspicious. The labyrinth was about a meter and a half wide, enough for two or three people to walk through shoulder to shoulder. This width, however, made You Zhengping more uneasy. He thought that the person behind the labyrinth was doing this to break the two of them up.

"They want to quietly separate us. It seems only one of us is the real target. Is it me, or Yu Hua?" You Zhengping said inwardly. 

"If it's me, then my identity must have been exposed, but if they know that I'm a Protector, then their means of attack wouldn't be so simple. All the traps we've encountered have been child's play. It's not very likely that I'm the target. Why would it be Yu Hua?"

You Zhengping held Yu Hua's hand, looking at this kind and gentle man who made him feel so at peace. He saw Yu Hua take off his shirt and put it on You Zhengping. Under Yu Hua's shirt, there was an undershirt!

Yu Hua said, "I felt that it was a little cold in the escape room. I'm wearing an undershirt, so I'll give you my shirt."

You Zhengping: "..."

He had no idea when Yu Hua had put on this sort of white undershirt that only middle-aged and elderly men wore. On such a hot day, wasn't he afraid of a heat rash? All right, Yu Hua liked to take care of his health. He would always keep his back muscles warm. After all, he was a man planning on exercising his back strength until he was a hundred years old.

Yu Hua's clothes were a size larger than You Zhengping's. The shirt hung loosely on him; there was a special sort of carelessness about it. Feeling Yu Hua's unique smell wrap around his whole body, You Zhengping felt warm inside. His emotions were unprecedentedly stable right now. He thought quickly of countermeasures and guessed why the enemy would want Yu Hua.

Since Yu Hua was an employee of Zhen Li's studio, and the studio's only ordinary person, if you wanted to get close to Zhen and Yuan, who were under the Protection Organization's protection, the best way was to quietly replace Yu Hua. Compared to Destroyer 192's fanfare, this new Destroyer's secretive operations were much scarier. If he hadn't happened to go on a date with Yu Hua today, then...

No! It was precisely because Yu Hua was a domestic person who only operated in the studio and at home each day, spending most of his time with Zhen, Yuan, and Lian, it wasn't convenient for the new Destroyer to operate. That was why they had chosen the day of the date.

Though You Zhengping's guess wasn't entirely correct, he had still roughly guessed the enemy's actions. His thoughts were rather heavy, but he had to maintain a contented appearance on the surface, talk and laugh with Yu Hua, express admiration of the escape room's dedication.