Distraction

The next morning I woke up to Sunny in my lap and no sign of Varian. I sighed and got up picking up Sunny and heading down to the lab knowing Varian would be there. I opened the door and before I could see anything Varian covered what he was working on. "What are you doing?" I asked and Sunny jumped out of my hands and sat with Ruddiger. "Just working on a new project." He said and I smiled. "Do you need any help?" I asked and he shook his head no. I huffed and crossed my arms. "Fine. I'll be outside then. Sunny, Ruddiger, you can join if you would like." I said before turning in my heel and heading outside. It was a beautiful day! The sun was out, there were few clouds, and it was actually warm instead of hot.

I sat down in the clearest part of old Corona and closed my eyes. 'I have an idea as to what Varian is trying to do, but I need more time! I have to figure out a way to stop him before things get even more out of hand.' I thought to myself as I took a deep breathe to calm myself. "Hey kiddo. Sounds like you need some help." I opened my eyes and saw a man with a dark chocolate skin covering most of his body. His hands being the exception where it simply showed bones.

"Death, it's good to see you again." I said smiling softly, but it soon faded. "What's eating you up kid?" He asked as he placed his large scythe on the ground. "There's something wrong with Varian. He hasn't been himself for a while and his eyes keep changing colors! His entire energy will change too! I just don't know what's wrong with him or what to do." I explain quickly and I felt tears fill the corners or my eyes.

"Hey hey don't cry! While I can't give you the answers, I can by you some time." He said as he smirked at me. "No, I know that face! Not happening Death." I said crossing my arms. "Oh come on! I'll be able to buy you some time, and you can have all the time you want to think of a plan! It's perfect!" He said smiling at me. "You just want an excuse to be me!" I said standing up.

I watched as he rolled his eyes. "While I do love being people, this time it isn't for selfish reasons. You really need time to think about everything. We both know that something is inside that little boyfriend of yours, and the only way for you to come up with something that can maybe fix everything is to give you as much time as you need. Plus I'm a great distraction!" I ran my hands through my hair.

"I don't have much of a choice do I?" I asked as I looked up at him. He shook his head no and held out his hand towards me. "You have one hour in my body and then you're out for it!" I said giving him a stern look. "Two hours?! Wow you're so generous (Y/n)! No wonder you're my favorite witch!" Death said faking a surprised look.

"Get as much information about what Varian is working on and make sure he's delayed in whatever he's building. We'll talk after." I said as I took his hand. There was a bright flash of white and I opened my eyes. In front of me was my own body. My bodies eyes opened to reveal purple hues. "I'll see you in a couple hours kiddo." The voice coming from my body was deeper and rougher than my own. I watched as Death stood up in my body and walked back inside of Varian's home.

I sighed as I looked down at my hands. I saw a patch of black fur from the corner of my eye and saw Sunny next to me. "You called for him didn't you?" I asked softly while I pet behind his ears. "I thought he would be the best to be you. He is the one you've known the longest, and he's been you a few times as well. You unknowingly have a lot of trust in him. He will always be there to protect you." Sunny said as we both stared to where Death left with my body. "You're right."

Death's POV: (NEW POV HOW EXCITING!!!!)

I walked inside the home and quickly went down to where the kid was. I leaned against the doorway of the room and crossed my arms. The kid was working on something under a sheet. I cleared my throat and the kids head shot up and there was a loud thud. He came out from under the sheet and rubbed the back of his head.