Vigor the Visionary

It's been about a week since the teapot incident and Rapunzel thought it would be an amazing idea to go on a double date with Varian and I. She said it was to make up for the triple date. So now I'm going who knows where with Rapunzel, Eugene, and Varian. Eugene and Rapunzel were on Max while Varian sat behind me on Fidella. I wore a white off the shoulder shirt with a short black skirt.

"I am so excited to see what you have planned for our double date

"I am so excited to see what you have planned for our double date." Rapunzel said and I kept my eyes forward on the trail. "Don't you worry your royal blondeness, Eugene's got it covered." Eugene said and I felt Varian move a piece of hair behind my ear. "Did he really just call her that?" He asked softly. "Yes. Yes he did." I said and I felt his arms wrap around my waist.

"I've entrusted Max here to seek out and deliver us to the most primo romantic spot around." Eugene said getting off Max and Max raised his eyebrows a few times causing me to laugh. Varian got of and offered me his hands and helped me down. We both watched as Eugene spun Rapunzel around before placing her back on the ground.

"I'm talking dinner for four, the stars twinkling above, the works. Now, I'm not saying it'll top our crown-stealing lantern watching first date, but...I kinda am." Eugene said and I stared at both of them. "You guys went on a boat that day we saw you?" I asked and they nodded. "Why what did you do?" Rapunzel asked. "Sapphires took me to a cliff and we watched the lanterns there. It was amazing." I said smiling softly as I remembered how we danced and how happy I was that night. "I'm never going to be able to top that date." Varian said and I shrugged my shoulders. "Well you didn't kiss me so the bar is lower than you think." I said and Varian rolled his eyes with a soft smile on his freckled cheeks.

We were at a large apple tree picking apples. I climbed up the tree and sat on one of the branches while tossing apples down to the others. Rapunzel even got onto Eugene's shoulders to grab more. "An apple tree? Seriously?! That's the best you got? Should've asked the frog, cat, or raccoon to come along. Even they'd come up with something better than this." Eugene said and Varian and I both laughed.

"Ruddiger most likely would have come up with the same idea." Varian said as he caught one of the apples I tossed down. "And Sunny probably would have just led us to a clearing or a river to meditate. Or he'd make us stay in the caravan and sleep the day away." I said smiling at the thought of my kitty planning out a date. I stood up on the branch to reach some of the higher apples.

"Be careful, milady." Varian said and I rolled my eyes. "Relax, Sapphs. I'm just grabbing the apples that are up-w-woah!" I yelled as I lost my balance and fell of the tree. I closed my eyes and waited for the ground, but I wasn't met with it. I opened my eyes and saw Varian holding me with a soft glare being casted down. "You're still as clumsy as ever I see." He said was his glare turned into a smirk and I rolled my eyes. "You're still as nerdy as ever." I said rolling my eyes. "I could drop you." He said and I held onto him tighter. He laughed and placed me on my feet.

"It's okay, Eugene. Planning a date is hard when you're in the middle of nowhere. We can just play it by ear." Rapunzel said. "Well, anything is better than the horse plan." Eugene said and Max rolled his eyes. I heard a soft chime in the distance and turned towards the direction it was coming from. "Did you hear that?" Rapunzel asked. "You mean those out of place, mystical chimes in the middle of the forest? Yeah." Eugene said. "We should see where they lead us!" I said grabbing Varian's arm and pulling him in the direction of the chimes.