The Package

I groaned and snuggled into the warmth in my bed at the sound of voices. "When did he get in here?" A soft voice spoke and I hugged whatever was next to me tighter. "Some time last night I'm guessing." "Aww they're so cute!" "Shhh Raps! We don't want to wake them up." "It's a little late for that. Look, (Y/n) is awake." A deeper voice said and I opened my eyes to see Cassandra, Rapunzel, and Eugene surrounding my bed. "O-oh, uh, g-good morning (Y/n)!" Rapunzel said waving awkwardly at me. I nodded and waved back at them.

I tried to sit up, but arms around my waist prevented me from doing so. I looked down and saw Varian next to me fast asleep. His eyes were still a little puffy from last night, but the bags in his eyes seemed to have lightened in color. I carefully removed his arms from around my waist and sat up. "How long have you guys been watching us sleep?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes. "Oh u-um not too long." Rapunzel said rubbing the back of her neck telling me that they were there for a few minutes.

"Not that I mind, but what is he doing in here?" Cassandra asked and I sighed. "Varian had a nightmare last night. I'm guessing it was pretty bad since he came in here. I-If him being in here bothers you both I-I can try to get him to put something under his pillow so he doesn't get nightmares as often." I said and Rapunzel and Cassandra shook their heads. "No! It's so cute! How could I be bothered by it?" Rapunzel asked with a large smile on her face and Cass shrugged her shoulders. "As long as you don't wake me up, then I don't really care." She said and I nodded.

The three of them went outside of the caravan and I laid back down with Varian getting comfortable again. Varian's arms wrapped back around my waist and he pulled me closer to him. I closed my eyes and drifted back to sleep in his arms.

Varian's POV: (So exciting!!!!)

I woke up to warmth surrounding me. I tried to sit up, but there was a weight on my chest. I looked down and saw (Y/n) sleeping peacefully. I carefully moved a few pieces of hair out of her face and stared down at her. 'She's so beautiful.' I thought to myself and I continued to admire her.

"Meow!" I heard Sunny meow multiple times as he came inside through the window and continued to yell until he jumped on top of me and nudged his forehead against (Y/n)'s. I reached my hand up and pet him behind his ears causing him to meow again. "Shh she's sleeping." I said softly to not wake her up.

Sunny glanced between the both of us a few times before biting my sleeve and trying to get me to get up. I sighed and carefully moved (Y/n) off of me without waking her up. I tucked her back in the bed so she wouldn't wake up cold before turning to face Sunny. He meowed a few times as he paced in front of the door and scratched on it a few times.

"You just came in and now you want out?" I asked as I opened the door for him. He just stared up at me and meowed a few times and used his forehead to push against my legs a couple times. "Let me change and then I'll go out with you. How does that sound?" I asked as I crotched down in front of him and he rubbed his head against my legs.

I quickly changed for the day and Sunny was still sitting in front of the door. I opened the door for him and he ran out. I watched as he ran towards the others and hissed at them. "Sunny Cmon it's a package. You have to stop guarding it!" Eugene said going to grab whatever was in front of all of them causing Sunny to hiss and swat at him.

"Uh, what are you guys doing?" I asked and they all turned to face me. "Varian! You're close to (Y/n)'s demon cat! You get the package!" Eugene said grabbing my hand and pushing me forwards. I looked down and Sunny was sitting on top of a box with a letter attached to it with what looked like a vine. I crotched down in front of it and Sunny jumped off of it and rubbed against my hand.

"Can I have a look at the mystery package?" I asked and Sunny walked away from it. I picked up the package and examined the outside of it. "Who's it for?" Rapunzel asked and I turned the box around multiple times in case I missed something. "There's no name on the box at all." I carefully removed the letter from under the vines. I placed the package down and opened the letter.