Meeting Fate

Varian's POV:

We've been walking around the woods for some time now. I was carrying a basket full of berries, sticks, and random objects that (Y/n) had picked up. She walked ahead of me with Sunny next to her and Ruddiger on her shoulder. In her hands was a dowsing rod. We've been following it this whole time. I watched as she stopped for a moment before pointing the dowsing rod to her left and started heading that way. I followed her into a large clearing.

(Y/n) POV:

As I walked into the large clearing I started hearing soft voices in the back of my head. 'See I told you she'd find us!' One voice said. It was definitely a mans voice, but it wasn't Death. 'You also said she'd come alone.' A familiar soft feminine voice said. 'You really expected her to come alone? Cmon the boy follows her practically everywhere. Whenever I'm out making deliveries, they're almost always together.' Another male voice said and I tilted my head to the side.

'Looks like the kid is starting to hear us.' A voice I recognized as Death's said. "Are you okay? You've just been staring straight into the clearing." Varian asked as he placed a hand on my shoulder. "Y-yeah." I said softly and I took off my satchel and handed it to Varian. "Just give me a few minutes." I said before I went into the center of the meadow and sat down. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breathes.

I opened my eyes and saw dark eyes right in front of me. "Ahh!" I yelled as I fell back and out of my body. I looked up and saw Death laughing. A shorter woman with light pink hair and a flower crown hit his arm. "You'll scare her to Death before we even have a chance to talk!" She glared up at him and Death only continued to laugh. "L-Lady Persephone?" I asked softly and she turned her attention to me. She was wearing a gown covered in leaves, vines, flowers, and live butterflies. "Hello sweetie. It's wonderful to see you again!" She said with a bright smile and I returned it. "I see you liked our gift." She said looking at the crown I was wearing. "O-oh! Y-yes I love it! Th-thank you! B-but you d-didn't-" I started only to be cut off. "It's no trouble really! We wanted to do something special for you. We know you don't really celebrate your birthday very often, and we noticed that you had other friends to celebrate with you. Speaking of your other friends, why didn't you tell them the real reason why you received a gift?" She asked looking down at me with a stern look that resembled a mother waiting for her child's explanation as to why they were misbehaving. "I-I d-didn't want to bother them." I said looking down and fiddling with my thumbs.

"Quite crowding her! And just so you know I delivered that gift all the way from the underworld! Don't I get a thank you?!" I looked up and saw Hermès crossing his arms and pouting like a child. "O-oh sorry Hermès. Thank you for delivering the gift! I hope the trip wasn't troublesome." I said and he smiled down at me before zipping behind me to lift me up off the ground. I was lifted up onto my feet and stood in front of the three gods.

"We have someone we'd like you to meet! By the way this is my gift to you!" Death said stepping to the side revealing a man in a blue button up shirt and black slacks with a tie loosely tied around his neck. His head was buried inside an ancient looking book. Death wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Fate it's rude to keep your guests waiting." He said and my eyes widened. "B-but I-I th-thought that F-fate was the fate s-sisters." I said utterly confused. "Yeah about them..." Death said rubbing the back of his neck.

"The fate sisters decided that they weren't improving and that history was repeating itself too much. They combined all of their powers, despite all of our warnings not to, and created one new Fate. He hasn't been around long, but we've noticed that he's made of all of the bad qualities of the Fate Sisters." Persephone said and I nodded. The man picked his head out of the book and he had blonde curly hair. "It's nice to meet you." He said raising his hand for me to shake it and I did. "It's nice to meet you too. May I ask what's so interesting about that book in your hands?" I asked trying to get a better look at the book. He quickly closed the book and made it disappear from his hands. "What book?" He asked with a smirk.