Egg Thief

"You know, I like to think that I'm the prepared kind of guy. Type of guy who's ready for anything this crazy world throws my way. But this bird thing, I can't say, I saw it comin." Eugene said and I waved my wings around. "I did! Me! I knew something like this would happen!" I said and Varian nodded. "Ugh, this is, chirp, all my fault." Rapunzel said turning around.

"Her squawks are getting more frequent." I heard Eugene whisper to Cass. "If we don't break one of those eggs over her soon, she's gonna go full bird. We all are. (Y/n), how much longer do you think we have?" Cass asked me and I looked between all of us before tilting my head to the side and pointing at myself.

"Yes you!" Cass said and Eugene laughed. "You really think the one of us who has the worst concept of time can tell how much longer we have?" Eugene asked and I crossed my wings over my chest. "Now you're just being rude!" "Judging by the sun I'd say it's been about 45 to 50 minutes since we changed. That gives us about 10 minutes to figure out a plan." Varian said as he covered his eyes with one of his wings and stared up at the sky.

"Oh! I got a plan! We should go over there, get the eggs and turn us back into people!" Lance said and I facepalmed. "Good thinking. And how are we gonna get over there?" Eugene asked. "That's where the plan falls apart." Lance said and I sighed. 'I'm not even surprised at this point.'

"I guess if we can't bring the, chirp, eggs to the cage. We have to bring the cage to the eggs!" Rapunzel said before flying back and forth and hitting each side of the cage. "Do it with me!" She said and we all did it with her.

The cage was sent flying into the egg basket and the glass covering it shattered. "We did it!" Rapunzel said and Varian lent a wing and helped me up. "Maybe we can get out!" Eugene said before trying to bend the bars of the cage. Lance and Hookfoot all grabbed on as well. "Yes! We can totally do this!" Lance said and they all bent the bar together. "Oh, you see that? Together, we're unstoppable!" Eugene said. "That's right!" "You know it!" Lance and Hookfoot said from behind the now bent bar. "And it doesn't matter who's strongest." "It totally matters!" They said and I groaned before chirping and covering my mouth again. If I wasn't covered in feathers you would definitely be able to see me blush.

"What is the meaning of this?" Someone said and we looked up to see Father. "Don't worry, Father, allow me." Mother said and she downed the tea that was in the teapot. "Well that's not very lady-chirp-like." I said as I stared at the tea dripping down her face. All of the birds started making noise as we watched Mother change. She flew up and squawked. "An eagle?! Really?! Now that is unfair!" Varian said as he stared up at her as she landed onto the cage.

"Anyone planning on a premature egress will be most disappointed!" She said and Cass pulled me to her side. "Do you think you can do any magic while you're a bird?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "Maybe? Why? What do you want me to do?" I asked and she pulled Rapunzel and Eugene as well. "If (Y/n) can still use her magic, we're both going to lead the hawk away. You guys get those eggs!" She said and tried to exit the cage only to be shoved back. I waved one of my wings over my head and I appeared in a tree nearby.

Rapunzel saw me and pointed towards the eagle's tail feathers. I nodded and quietly flew over to her tail feathers. I landed quietly onto the cage and we both grabbed her feathers and pulled them out. Mother yelled and Cass was able to get out and I followed after her. "Oh, my dear girls, you haven't a chance!" Mother said and we flew every which way to keep her from focusing on the others.

I watched as Eugene, Lance, and Hookfoot freed the other birds as humans again. I looked around for Varian to see him helping Rapunzel pick up the eggs. I heard something approaching behind me fast and I dove down to the ground before pulling up and darting through the trees. A shadow was casted over me and I looked up to see Mother right above me ready to catch me. I flapped my wings harder and I heard Mother yell and pull back. I turned my head and saw Mother now chasing Cass. "I owe you Cass!" I yelled as I shot up and chased after the two.