Cupcakes

I woke up the next day to the sun shining through the windows of the cabin. I slowly sat up and stretched. I looked to my side to see Sunny laying on the bed. He had his tummy facing up and I ran my hand over it causing him to purr. "Cmon Sunny. We're going to visit Varian and Ruddiger today. We're also going to test out the satchel spell I thought of last night!" I said as I carefully picked him up and set him on the ground.

He looked up at me with his large emerald eyes before stretching and laying back down on the floor. I giggled and rolled my eyes. I threw on a black skirt and white button up. I pulled the suspenders up onto my shoulders and tied the ribbon around my neck.

I picked up a satchel and opened it

I picked up a satchel and opened it. I drew a circle inside of it with my finger and stuck my hand through. I looked to the side of the room where I kept my books. I saw my own arm reach out from a small portal and grab a book. I pulled my hand out of the satchel and in my hand was the same book. "It works! Mary Poppins who?! I only know the greatest witch of all time!!" I said as I jumped up and down excited.

I picked Sunny up and left the cabin. "Now that we know that works we can still have all the comforts of home out on the road." I said smiling and skipping through the meadow. Sunny jumped out of my arms to walk alongside me.

I held the book close to my chest as I walked through the kingdom. I stopped by Uncle Monty's store and got a few pieces of candy. I put them inside the satchel. I grabbed a few other pieces of food that I know Varian and Ruddiger like and placed them into the satchel.

I made my way to the castle and greeted the guards in the front before walking down to the dungeon. I stood in front of the two guards that were guarding the dungeon. "Hello! I-I was wondering if there was anyway I could see Varian." I said softly with pleading eyes. They looked at each other before looking back at me.

"Sure kid. Be careful though. He hasn't been adjusting well. He's in the same...place...we kept...you." One of the guards said rubbing the back of his neck. "Okay!" I said smiling at them before they opened the door for me. "Thank you!" I said as I waved goodbye to them.

Sunny and I headed to the back of the dungeon. I looked at every cell to see if I could find him. I continued walking before I heard soft chittering. "That sounds like Ruddiger!" I said smiling as I followed the sound. I ended up in front of a large cell. It was very similar to the one I was in, but there wasn't anyway you could chain someone to the ground.

I looked down and saw Ruddiger smiling up at me and reaching through the bars. I looked around to see Varian facing away from the bars and towards the single window in the cell. I bit my lip softly as I stared at his back.

"S-Sapphires?" I asked softly and I visibly saw him jump. "I-I'm s-sorry I didn't mean to scare you." I said softly as I held onto the strap of the satchel nervous as he didn't turn to look at me. "What are you doing here?" I heard him say as he stayed turned away from me. "What do you mean?" I asked tilting my head to the side.