Mixing Incantations

We walked inside the Great Tree and I felt a nice and calm energy cover my body with a slight bit of something else. It did feel familiar though. I let out a soft breath and bent down to Sunny who was next to me. I held my wand out to him and he quickly took it in his mouth. "This place is calm, but has something deep down, and familiar. If it's someone I can speak to please bring them to me. Okay?" I whispered to Sunny and he nodded before running off with my wand in his mouth. I watched as Ruddiger chased after him and tried to get the wand. Sunny hissed and swatted at him before continuing on his way. 'Please let it be someone I know.'

"It's beautiful." Rapunzel said looking around. "Yeah it's great. But we need to keep moving if we want to stay ahead of Hector." Cass said taking the lead onto the he stopped by Pascal in her path. "Woah. Thanks buddy." Cass said staring down into the large hole. "That was close. Guys look." Rapunzel said and we all stared up at the roots.

"Uh, it looks like the only way across is to go all the way up one road." Eugene said and Rapunzel cut him off. "And down the other." "Then I guess that's what we gotta do. Come on. This place gives me the creeps." Cassandra said and Hookfoot groaned. "Me too."

"That's probably because this tree was once known as the Tree of Zhan Tiri." Adira said and cut down a dead tree to reveal a carving of Zhan Tiri. "Wait, wait, wait. The ancient sorcerer whose magic caused a deadly snowstorm that nearly destroyed Corona?" Rapunzel asked. "And let's not forget his little art buddy who turned you into a zombie." Eugene said and Varian cut in. "And the same Zhan Tiri that was around me and is still trying to get control of (Y/n)." He said and I nodded staring up at the large carving feeling more uneasy than before. "You might have mentioned Zhan Tiri before you dragged us in here." Cassandra said and Adira put her sword away. "It's perfectly harmless now." Adira said before pulling out a dandelion puff.

"Millennia ago, this tree was once a sentient being, a force of good. But it was corrupted by the evil sorcerer to destroy any who approached. It was Zhan Tori's stronghold. Inside it, he was invincible. But Lord Demanitis put a stop to the tree's magic using an enchanted spear. So you see, you have nothing to fear. The evil magic is long gone. But more importantly, you're with me." Adira said giving us the tale of the tree. "Well, it's a long way up. We'd better get a move on." Rapunzel said and we all started to follow her. Cassandra stayed back to talk to Adira.

When they stopped talking, I walked up to Adira. "Um, Adira?" I asked and she glanced down at me. "Yes, Orange?" I looked down at my hands and fiddled with my fingers. "You're positive that all the evil is gone right? I mean could there be any chance that it could...start up again?" I asked and she thought for a moment. "You're worried about if Zhan Tiri could use you as some sort of quick start for the magic that was once here." She said and I nodded. "While I suppose it could be possible, there would have to be something here though for the evil magic to actual stay, and there's not. If it did happen it wouldn't be for long." She said and I nodded thinking for a moment. 'Then what is that strange feeling? It could be that there was past evil here, but this feeling is old, but it's not old enough to be from the evil of the tree. Maybe it's a sliver of what good used to be here? All beaten up and barely there.' I thought to myself.

We all continued to follow Adira through the tree. I would stop every so often to get a good look at the beauty surrounding us only to have Varian start pulling me along again. We went through a hall full of armor and I let my hand graze one of them. "Where's the war?" Cassandra asked. "I think Zhan Tiri might have used these as soldiers." I said and climbed behind one of them as far as I could to see carvings on the back. "You have a good eye, Orange. Zhan Tiri needed warriors to protect the tree. These were them." She said and I climbed out from behind them and caught up with the group.

"It looks like there's something up there." Rapunzel said and Adira chopped away the vines revealing a large pool of water surrounded by dead trees. "What is this place?" Rapunzel asked and I looked all around. "Up there." Varian said pointing to the walls. They were covered in ancient writing. "Eugene, look at-wait. Where is Eugene and Lance?" Rapunzel asked. "Where's Max?" Hookfoot added. "Where's Pascal?" Cassandra said before Varian turned to me. "Where's Sunny and Ruddiger?" "Sunny and Ruddiger went ahead of us together. I asked Sunny to do something for me and Ruddiger went with him." I said rubbing the back of my neck. "Okay, uh, we should circle back and..." Rapunzel paused staring up at the wall that had what looked like the scroll inscription. "(Y/n)..." Rapunzel said and I was already digging through my satchel and handing her the pieces.