Offerings and Scroll Pieces

We approached the Spire Vault doors and I squeezed Varian's hand and started jumping excited. "Sapphires!" I said and pulled on his arm. "We're gonna go inside the spire! I bet the second you walk in, you can feel the energy of every single object in there!" I said and Varian just stared at me with soft blue eyes. "I don't think I've ever seen you this excited for anything." He said with a laugh and I smiled at him. "What about the time you surprised me in the meadow with food?" I asked and he thought for a second before nodding. "I forgot about that! You dragged me all the way back to the cabin and forgot your basket full of who knows what." He said and I giggled and stared up at the large blue doors. "Let me just find that key, and we'll get that scroll." Calliope said as she took out a big key ring full of different keys.

"Five silver pieces says that it's gonna be the very last key she tries." I said and Varian groaned. "I was just going to say that! I might as well just pay you the five now." He said sticking his hand into his pocket and pulling out the coins and handing them to me. "Are you both seriously betting on what could possibly be our misery?" Eugene whisper yelled to us and we looked at each other before looking back at Eugene. "What do you want us to do then?" Varian asked and Eugene face palmed.

We all watched as Calliope inserted a key into the key hole. "It's never the first one you try! Or second...or third...oh these must've gotten rearranged when I was fending off the Kirlok." Calliope said and I watched as Varian crossed his arms and glared at Calliope. "If anyone fended off that thing it was me." I heard him say under his breath. I giggled and hugged his arm.

"Uh, speaking of the Kirlok..." Rapunzel said and we all followed the large paw prints. "I don't like the looks of that!" Eugene said and we all pushed through the leaves to see multiple paw prints and bones. "Oh, that's bad." Lance said and I stared at the bones. 'Hello child. If you have the chance, would you be a lamb and grab one of those bones for me?' I glanced over my shoulder to see a tall man with blue hair and a formal suit. My eyes widened as I looked back at the bones and nodded. "Uh, guys? I think this is its home." Rapunzel said before a growl was heard. "Uh, you think?"

The Kirlok roared and went up onto its hind legs and everyone started running away. I glanced between the others and the bones. "Hades I bet get something good from this!" I said as I sprinted towards the bones laying around. "Uh, Calliope! Now would be a great time to get that door open!" I heard Eugene yell. I quickly grabbed a few of the large bones and ended up face to face with the Kirlok. "W-wait...where's (Y/n)?! I heard Varian say and I stared right into the Kirlok's eyes. I slowly and carefully dropped most of the bones and held a large one in my hands. I heard the others start calling my name and the Kirlok broke eye contact with me for a split second. I took my chance and hit it across the face with the bone and ran.

The beast roared and I covered my ears still carrying the bone. "G-guys!" I yelled and started running towards the door. I was running towards them and the door was still shut. "I don't know which is the right key!" Calliope yelled and I glanced behind me too see the Kirlok was closer than ever. "Watch out!" Rapunzel yelled and I waved my hand over my head disappearing and reappearing. I saw someone in front of me but I couldn't stop in time. I crashed into them and we rolled onto the ground with me underneath still holding the bone.

"Please don't tell me that you risked your life for a bone." I heard a soft and slightly mad voice say above me. I looked up and saw Varian looking down at me and I let out a nervous laugh. "You risked your life for a bone?!" Varian yelled and I bit my lip while I stared up at him.

"What do you mean?!" Varian and I both turned our heads towards Rapunzel. "You're the keeper of the Spire! How could you not know which is the right key?!" Rapunzel yelled and we all stared at the two. "Because I...I'm not the real keeper of the spire." Calliope said and everyone was shocked. "Are you kidding me?!" Rapunzel yelled as she held Calliope by her shirt. "What do you mean you're not the Keeper?!" She asked shaking Calliope. "Now that I think about it that makes a lot more sense." I said and Varian glanced between the Kirlok and me before quickly getting off. He helped me up and put me behind him.