30-One More Time

Gif above is Hayden in the movie Awake. I seriously recommend the movie if you haven't seen it, he is fine as hell in it.

You'll understand why I put this particular gif later in the chapter.

(TW: Death, Blood, Angst.)
༻✦༺

Song starts here; Hold on by Chord Overstreet slowed version!
I placed it on top for easy access if you swipe the gif away.♥️
It's also in a loop so it should play for the whole chapter!

"App!" I heard the voice of Rex shouting. Almost everything around me looked like it was moving in slow motion at this point.

I slowly looked down to where the pain was coming from and a blue light was seen going through my abdomen. I couldn't bring myself to speak. It was already hard enough to breathe, all that would come out were pained groans as blood began dripping from my mouth slowly. It started to leak out from the bottom of my mask while I stood there frozen, unable to move from the shock, "I told you that you would die by my hand Anya," Obi-Wan stood up and brought his free hand up to remove my mask, tossing it to the floor as he lowered his face, a joyful smile played on his lips. He used his thumb to wipe away a tear that escaped my ducts as his blue eyes stayed fixated on my amber ones, "A life for a life." He whispered as he backed away and gripped my neck for support so he could plunge the lightsaber in deeper until the handle was the only thing that could be seen sticking out from my abdomen.

I finally let out a scream of agony as I instinctively grabbed onto both of his shoulders and dropped my head onto his chest; the pain was excruciating and damn near unbearable. Ahsoka rushed over and deflected shots away from both her and Obi-Wan; at least I think it was her, all I could hear was the small footsteps and the sound of blasts sizzling against a lightsaber.

"Cover me men!" I heard Rex yell; his voice was far away, he won't make it in time to save me.

I can already feel myself dying.

Obi-Wan removed his blade; one last scream escaped my lips as pushed me away from him, "Obi-Wan what the hell did you do?" I heard the young girl yell over the blasts as I landed roughly against the concrete. The blood continued drooping from my mouth onto the cold floor.

"Shut the fuck up Ahsoka; whose side are you on?" He growled in irritation while I kept trying to breathe, but every breath I took burned like a blazing fire.

"But you said we weren't gonna-"

"I said shut it before you meet the end of my blade as well," He snapped at her before turning his attention to me; he stared down at me, a mischievous grin dancing on his lips, "I'll see you in hell beautiful." He chuckled as he blew me a kiss, before both him and Ahsoka disappeared from my now blurry vision; leaving the remaining rebels to fend for themselves.

This whole thing was a trap, the sole plan was to get to me and kill me; just like he wanted and I walked right into it.

Anakin I'm so sorry I failed you.

The clones attacks became more aggressive; I stared up at the ceiling and I could see the shots from their blasters flying over me at the rebels. Rex finally reached my side and picked me up bridal style. He carried me as he ran away to the exit to get to our ship, "Don't die, please don't die." His voice came out in a panic and I could feel myself slowly slipping away with every painful breath I took. We finally reached the ship and he laid me down on the floor; I could feel the medic clones begin to work on me, but deep down I knew it was no use. The damage done and where it was done, was significant. I knew this and I'm sure he did too, but the denial surrounding the air was prominent,"You have to live Apple, don't leave us, don't leave him." Rex's face was in my view and I never took my eyes off of him as my breathing came out in small strained pants. I knew I was going to die, but I wasn't thinking about death in this moment. All I thought about was Anakin and how I wish I could tell him that I love him, just one more time.