68 - Kidnapping

2.1k words
༻✦༺
Countdown: 8 months

(Y/n)'s POV
"Anakin you're starting to scare me, please just tell me what it is." I begged as worry washed over my body, a feeling that was equivalent to cold water being drenched over my skin. He remained silent, his drunken gaze glued to the floor as he fidgeted with the fabric of his robe, "You didn't cheat on me did you?" I blurted out.

That's one of the first thoughts that entered my mind, and it's not that I don't trust him either, I do. But with the way he was acting—nervous and reluctant to speak, not to mention he was intoxicated and we had a pretty big fight— that's all I could think this was.

Finally, his head snapped up and he gave me a look that screamed I was insane for having that thought, "Gods no, I would never cheat on you." He assured me as he grabbed my hand and placed a sweet kiss on the back of it. I breathed out a sigh of relief now that I had that concern out of the way, "Can you promise me that you won't hate me when I tell you though?" He asked with terror in his eyes. Which was new, I don't think I've ever seen him terrified of me before; it strangely made me feel powerful.

Darth Vader is afraid, of me. It seemed uncanny considering where I started, but then again, he started in the same place as me.

I placed my hand on top of his that was resting on his knee. Although I love that feeling of power, he's not the one I want to hold power over; I only want to be his equal, "Ani I love you, whatever this is we can get past it."

"You say that now," He mumbled underneath his breath before sitting up straight and breathing in a long inhale before exhaling it out - a method he uses to calm his erratic nerves, "(y/n), I'm the one who killed your mother." He glanced in my direction, nervously waiting for my reaction.

I stopped breathing.

I had no idea what to make of this confession; is this some kind of joke? How could he know who my birth mother is? I don't even know who she is. I don't have a single memory of her.

So many emotions flashed through my body; but the main one that was tugging on my mind and making it hard to think, was utter confusion, "You what?" I knitted my brows as I removed my hand from his knee; not out of spite, but out of shock.

Although he may have taken the hand removal as a sign that I was upset with him, because I could physically feel his heart drop into his stomach as if it were my own.

He looked away in shame, "I'm sorry." He whispered so low I almost missed it.

"I-" I didn't know what to say, I wasn't even sure how I felt. My body was almost numb and I was having a hard time believing what he was saying, "Anakin, I don't understand. How do you know you killed her, let alone know who she is?" I asked for clarification before making a judgment call.

He sighed again, keeping his gaze on the floor as if he was afraid to see the look my eyes held, "When you underwent the surgery to get your chip removed. I went inside your mind when you were in recovery, even after I promised you I would never do that," He began and I listened intently for the answer to all my questions. I wasn't even mad that he broke his promise and invaded my privacy; it was so long ago, and I was too stuck on the thought of my mother and her fate, "I just wanted to know where you came from and how you ended up there," He grimaced at the mention of our previous prison, "So I went back as far as your mind would allow me to go, and that's when I saw her. She was crying and giving you away. It was then that I recognized her to be a member of the Jedi temple. I can only assume she had a secret affair and gave you away before the council found out about her indiscretions."