62-For Good

Countdown: 9 months

We've been on the wedding night for the past five or so chapters, and I want to let you all know that after this and the next chapter - the countdown is going to start lowering, fast. I don't want to say we're coming to the ending though, because I still have quite a few things planned. I want to guess we'll be stopping around 90-100 chapters.

Also, I noticed last chapter that SOMEHOW people started shipping Ahsoka and Maul.. that was never my plan, I don't even know what threw that idea into ya'll's heads, but it did intrigue me. Now I'm not saying that's a route I plan to take but idk I guess we'll see as the story progresses since I pretty much let my stories speak for themselves; I go with what feels right in the moments I'm writing.
And if I see anyone say 'omg no he's 20yrs older' since she is almost 20 and he's in his 30's - according to my research.
Remember that there are so many couples in this world with large age gaps. Some more than 30+ years who are more than happy and it's legal. And don't get me stared on our mans Hayden 🤭 he's way older than almost all of you and you'd hop on that chance in a heart beat 😂.... Same though, he's 15 yrs older than me butttt I don't mind it one bit🥰
Anyways I hope this didn't come off as rude, I have no intention of sounding mean, I'm just trying to be informative, anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter 💕

2.7k words
༻✦༺

Maul's POV
"Heavy fuck," Rex complained as he finished pushing the powered down astromerch onto our ship.

I could have easily helped him and brought the droid onto the ship using the force, but watching him struggle was some mildly good entertainment. Plus it made Ahsoka laugh, who also could have helped him, but didn't.

As we both chuckled quietly at Rex, her eyes met mine momentarily, but then she quickly looked away and spun around to get the ship ready for departure.

She didn't want to look me in the eyes right now, she felt shameful for the events that took place in that rebel base.

They're dead, every single one of them, we didn't leave any survivors. And by we, I just mean Rex and I - mostly me though since I am better than him at a good slaughter.

Ahsoka on the other hand, she tried. She tried to be like us, she tried to throw her morals away to take part in saving her former master.

I found her standing over a rebel - her lightsaber close to his neck. She was shaking, and it was obvious that it was something she didn't want to do; something that was morally incorrect in her eyes.

I have no doubt she would have done it though just to try and prove herself to us that she belongs with us. But having the death of a defenseless person on her conscience would have eaten her alive, and I didn't want that for her - call me sentimental I guess. So, I had gripped her wrist before she could strike, and when she turned to look at me - her eyes were red and filled with guilt, along with uncertainty.

I simply shook my head as I told her that she didn't need to do this. I then killed the rebel for her, and had her wait on the ship until Rex and I were finished.

We did come in separate ships, but we decided to leave one here and ride in one together back home. I wanted people to know it was the Empire who killed them - it'll make them second guess their decisions to go against it. I was never a fan of it before, but now that the Emperor and Empress are my friends, I guess, I wish to protect it - to protect them.