75 - Anakin

Reminder that Vader is still wounded so he's wearing a mask again that doesn't cover his eyes and his voice and breathing does sound like the iconic Darth Vader — for now (:

Also.. I... I feel really bad for what I just wrote. BRB gonna go talk to my therapist.

2k words
༻✦༺
Countdown: 6 months

Ahsoka's POV
"Lux-"

"Why did you leave?" He took a step back after I took one forward, hurt and devastation flashing through his eyes, "What is it that I did wrong?"

I glanced at the floor in shame, "You didn't do anything wrong, you're a good guy Lux," I sighed, my chest tightening with guilt and pain. A part of me still had some love for him, but it was nothing compared to... someone else, someone I never even said those words to, "I'm so sorry that I hurt you, it was never my intention. But my heart wasn't in it anymore and you deserved more than that."

He scoffed as he shook his head and took a few slow steps towards me, "So your solution was to leave the ring on a pillow with a note instead of talking to me? I would've understood Ahsoka, but the way you did it was wrong."

He had a point.. a damn good one.

"You're right," I agreed, causing him to eye me with surprise. I was never one to ever admit I was wrong during our relationship, "I should have done it a better way and I'm so sorry, it was never because I didn't love you. It's just-" I paused to blink away my tears and swallow the lump in my throat, "I was worried that if we talked you'd convince me to stay."

His expression softened, but his devastation was still there, "Of course I would have, I loved you more than anything in this galaxy Ahsoka. I still do," He dropped his head down and ran his hand through his hair, "But I can see it in your eyes that you can't say the same." He slowly glanced up, water pooling at the bottom of his eyes.

I bit my bottom lip as I suppressed tears, "I do Lux, but-"

He cut me off when he closed the distance between us and cupped my face before crashing his lips to mine. I almost kissed him back... almost, but as soon as his lips touched mine I had one face in my mind. So I backed away and placed my hand on his chest to push us apart, "I can't, I'm sorry. There's—there's someone else." I said with guilt. I debated on even telling him this, but I thought he deserved to know the truth.

He knitted his brows and shook his head, betrayed flashing through his eyes, "So the rumors are true."

I knitted my brows as well, "Rumors? What rumors?"

He took another step back, his eyes drifting to Artoo who was beside me, silent for once, then his eyes flicked back up, "The rumors that you've sided with the Empire and got yourself an Imp boyfriend." Maul... I don't think he knows it's actually Maul though or else he'd be trying to throw that in my face instead of saying Imp.

"What?" I acted surprised. But how could he know? How did something like this get out? Was I recognized by someone? "No I would never side with the Empire," I lied, hoping he would believe me. And if we're being technical here, I didn't side with the Empire — I followed my best friend.

He glanced down with a slow nod, "That's what I really want to believe, but it seems your time with them has made you dense," His gaze flickered to Artoo again, "I know he belongs to the Emperor and I know that ship belongs to him too."

"I stole the ship and the droid," I said with complete confidence, this lie already being thought of since before I even got here. I told Anakin to get me a different ship, but did he listen? No, of course not. "I've been a rogue since I left and I know you want to find a reason to be even more angry with me Lux, but don't pull on lies to do it." I snapped, showing anger to hide how guilty I felt for lying to him this way. But I need him to believe me or else I'll never find out where he's been delivering the liquid Orphical, and the last thing I want is Anakin to show up here because I failed. He would come here and kill everyone to find out for himself.