70 - Mercy

The image on top is the mask that I see our Vader/Anakin wearing for the time-being(: I wanted to make him appear more...scary for awhile. Also that's Darth Malgus if you didn't know hehe.

2.9k words
༻✦༺
Countdown: 6 months

Vaders POV
The attack from Revan damaged my lungs and crippled me; making me feel weaker than I really was. Thankfully it was only temporary until I could fully heal. But in the meantime, I was forced to wear a respirator that covered the bottom half of my face; feeding me pure oxygen to keep me alive.

Without it, my body wouldn't get the proper amount of oxygen it needed, and so I would suffocate to death; slowly.

How poetic. I can feel mother karma laughing in my face right about now.

But there is one good thing that came from the need to wear this mask; the unsettling sound. My breathing could be heard far before I could be seen, and I enjoyed the way it struck fear into my preys hearts; making them tremble until they fell to their knees.

Which is the case for the poor fellow kneeling in front of me now, on planet Corellia, "Please Emperor, I don't know who you're talking about." The man pleaded, tears pouring from his pathetic eyes.

I lowered my lightsaber close to his cheek so he could feel the heat radiating from it, but I didn't touch him with it—yet, "That is a lie, a man that goes by the name Revan was seen here no more than a day ago. And I have nearly a dozen dead clones to vouch for that," I brought the blade closer to his skin, his eyes widening. I know for a fact it was Revan who killed my men, I know his style all too well - Revan and I, we have history, "So let me ask you this again, where is he?"

I didn't have the strength to go into this man's mind and fish the information out myself. Not only was I physically drained due to my never-ending search for my wife these past two months, but I was also emotionally drained. I missed her so much and the pain of not having her here with me was torturous. I needed her and my baby back to feel whole again.

"I-I don't know," He shook his head as his voice trembled, "He came into the cantina last night, drank a few beers, didn't speak to anyone at first," He was finally speaking some honesty and I lowered my weapon while waiting for him to finish, "Then he simply asked me where he could find liquid Orphical-"

"What is liquid Orphical?" I asked with a head tilt and furrowed brows.

(Btw don't bother googling what that is , I totally made it up 🤷🏻‍♀️)

He shrugged as he swallowed thickly, "I don't know, and I told him I didn't know. That's when he paid me for his drinks, told me to keep my mouth shut about him being there or he'd come back to kill me—then he left. That's it, that's everything any of us know. I swear."

I nodded as I retracted my blade and placed it on my belt. I could see the relief in his eyes, as well as in the eyes of the crowd behind him —all who were in the cantina when I arrived, "I believe you, but your actions against the Empire will not be going unpunished." I spat and the relief I once saw in his eyes, dispersed, once again replaced by fear.

"Wha-"

"You not only served a fugitive who is guilty of the kidnapping of the Empress, but you also didn't report him to me - I had to find out on my own accord," I spun on my heels to walk towards Rex who was awaiting orders, "Burn it to the ground." I demanded.