74 - The Jedi Way

2.8k words
༻✦༺
Countdown: 6 months

Vader's POV
Of course — it makes sense.

There is one person besides my wife who is alive that knows my birthday, and it's the doctor. It says the date of my birth right in my file, a date given to this temple long ago by Qui-Gon himself. This was Maul's lead, well more like his theory, and I had a strong feeling in my gut that he was right, she was a mole and I somehow missed it.

"I swear it wasn't-"

"Sh," I pressed my finger against her lips, "Do you really think I will believe a word that comes out of these lips?" I dragged my gloved finger down, pulling her bottom lip with me. Her eyes wide and terrified, " I can get a truthful answer a different way." I'm aware someone else could have gotten their hands on my file and learned the date, so I was going to do a little mind search before making any drastic decisions which would result with her head being disconnected from her body.

I placed My hand in the side of her face and searched for my answers. Her lips quivered in fear and she whimpered in pain. If she's as innocent as she says she is, then why is she so afraid?

Maybe it's because she's not innocent.

Not according to her thoughts at least.

She's been working for the rebels for months. And I have to say, I'm disappointed. I was rooting for the opposite since she's been with me since day one of my takeover, so I felt a small sting of betrayal when I watched her feed information to a certain rebel leader — Yoda.

"Your thoughts are clouding," I mumbled when I could no longer see anything except for a few blurry images. This usually happens when they start to fight against me, and I'm still not one hundred percent. I need more time for my physical body to recover from the attack, "Tell me, where exactly is old Yoda at the moment? If you tell me instead of me having to dig it out, then I just might not feed you to the dog." I opened my eyes as I spoke and glared down at her to increase my intimidation.

She slowly shook her head, a whimper cracking from her throat, "I don't know, I swear I don't!" She shouted when I took a step closer, "I promise I haven't met with him recently, only though coms when I-" She paused with widened eyes, like she realized she was going to say something she shouldn't.

"When you what?" I snapped, shooting my hand up and gripping her neck. I tugged on her and pulled her close to me so my lips were next to her ear, but not touching, "Finish what you were saying before I rip you apart, limb by limb." I squeezed a little harder and she coughed and gasped as, her hands gripped my wrist to try and free herself.

"I-" She choked and I loosened my hold so she could finish, "I told him when the Empress was alone."

Instantly, my grip tightened.

"Vader let her go," Maul demanded, but I didn't listen. My hold strengthened every second as I saw red.

"You're the reason she's not here with me," I whispered through clenched teeth, listening to the sound of her choking as she thrashed around and hit me, thinking I'd let go, "The reason my baby isn't here with me."

"Vader-"

(TW: Death)
Maul could hardly get another sentence out before I squeezed as hard as I could and crushed her windpipe — it was like music for my soul.