56-Generous Offer

3.4K words

༻✦༺
Countdown: 9 months

(y/n)'s POV
After finally be able to sit down due to us speaking to nearly every guest here; I sighed with content and held the champagne glass in my hand as I brought it to my lips - only for it to be immediately pulled away from my grasp.

I narrowed my eyes at the handsome thief sitting next to me at the long bridal table, "What the hell Ani?" I complained as I watched Anakin chug the whole glass himself.

"Sorry babe," He hiccuped as he set the glass down in front of me, "I was so parched." He smiled innocently with the batting of his lashes.

I rolled my eyes, but I also couldn't help the smile that formed - he was adorable, he was clearly just trying to tease me, "Fine, but now you can have them bring me another."

He slowly shook his head, "Maybe you should have some water, I feel like you've had enough."

I instantly narrowed my eyes, "Enough? We just sat down, I haven't had a single sip-"

"I want to make a toast," Maul slurred over his words as he quickly stood up from next to me; catching my attention when he nearly knocked his chair over as he addressed the crowd.

Rex reached up and tried pulling for him to sit back down, "We already did that earlier," He whispered, only for a drunken Maul to pull his grip away from him.

"Well I didn't say anything, because frankly - I don't like any of you and I wasn't drunk enough to want to talk," He shrugged with a smile and the crowd began to murmur amongst themselves - annoyed by his words, "But I just wanted to say," He turned his head to look down at me - his amber eyes holding a look of platonic love, "I once threatened Vader by telling him that if he double crossed me that I would murder you in cold blood." He giggled as the voices of the crowd began to pick up, even a few gasps were heard, "Then he proceeded to tell me that he would cut off all my limbs and watch me wiggle on the floor," He admitted casually - making my eyes slightly widen as Anakin choked on his water, "And I would just like to say that even if he was to double cross me, that I wouldn't kill you - maybe the dog, but not you; I would miss you." He stumbled backwards, and it was only because Rex held onto him that he didn't completely fall over, "And if I did happen to kill you, I'd definitely make it quick so there's no suffering." He added with the wave of his hand.

"Thanks Maul, that's so sweet," I responded with knitted brows as I watched Rex hold him in place, "I think." I added quietly; that's such a strange way to tell someone that you love them, but he's drunk. So, what else can I really expect?

He nodded with the biggest smile; like his small speech was something to be proud of, "And you," He pointed to Anakin who already looked horrified - dreading what was about to come out of his friends mouth, "Don't worry, I promise I won't tell (y/n) about the bachelor party the other week with the Zeltron stripper."

"Oh fuck," Anakin dropped his head into his hand, most likely to avoid my murderous glare that was aimed right at him.

Who needs nine months? Why not make it now.

"The galaxy is about to lose an Enperor," Ahsoka mumbled from the end of the table as she casually drank her water.

"Okay I think it's time we take you to bed," Rex patted Maul on the back as he attempted to usher him away, "You practically drank the whole bar."