25-Shoot To Kill

༻✦༺

Rex's POV
"We're gonna die." Fives began to hyperventilate while we had every clone in the building look for Apple's dog, "It's not even him that's gonna kill us either, it's her and it'll be merciless." He groaned as he leaned his head on the wall.

"I don't even understand how this could have happened, he's a dog, how could no one have seen him running around." I growled in annoyance as I began back checking the security cameras to see if I could point out where he might possibly be.

Echo next to me leaned against the desk nervously, "I turned around for two seconds to grab his food and he was just gone."

I wanted to blame him, but he's also my brother and I'm not going to throw him under the speeder. Everything will be fine, we just need to find this dog before they get home, "Let's just find him okay? He couldn't have gotten too far." I shifted through the videos and my eyes widened when I found him, "Oh fuck." Any confidence I had was completely tossed out of the window while I watched the dog casually strut out of the front door. This little shit. I checked the timeframe and this footage was taken fifteen minutes ago; he also never walked back in, "He's not even in the building." I revealed to them in a nervous high pitched tone.

"Like I said, we're gonna die." Fives threw his hands in the air in the defeat.

I love his confidence.

"No, we're gonna find him. We are soldiers and I'll be damned if we survived two wars, only to die over a dog." I stood up from the chair and as soon as I was on my feet, my holographic device began beeping. I let out a nervous sigh before I answered it; since of course I knew who it was, "It's good to hear from you Emperor." I plastered a fake smile on my face to hide my anxiety, "How is the trip going?"

He had his mask in, but I could tell he was smiling, "She said yes." He spoke with excitement in his tone.

I chuckled; glad to see him so happy, "Well of course she said yes sir, I never had any doubts."

He shrugged cockily, "I know, I didn't either. But now it's time for planning, we're going to start with an announcement when I get back; to all of Coruscant and even the entire galaxy, I want everyone to know they're gaining an Empress."

I nodded, "Very good sir, I'll make sure the clones are ready for it. Also, do you happen to know when you'll be getting back?" I asked innocently with a raised brow.

I saw his brows furrow, "An hour at most, as long as Anya doesn't want to stop anywhere."

Oh crap there's no way we can find this dog in less than an hour, "You know, you should take her.. flower shopping." I seriously couldn't come up with anything better?

His eyes narrowed, "Why would I do that when there's a vase in our room, in which  I keep fresh roses in consistently for her?" He folded his arms across his chest and I could tell he was getting suspicious by my behavior, "What's going on?"

"Don't tell him!" Echo shouted in a whisper.

"I can fucking hear you Echo." He spoke in a stern voice; his dark eyes bore into mine threateningly, "Tell me what you're hiding before I choke you through this hologram, and you know I can."