67 - Lux Bonteri

This is strictly a Maul x Ahsoka chapter, sort of taking place the same time as the last chapter. Yes the next chapter will have Anakin revealing his little secret, and no it doesn't involve cheating or anything along those lines really.
So rest easy my jealous babes.💕

2.2k words
༻✦༺

Maul's POV
"If you throw up, I'm dropping you and leaving you to lay in it," I threatened a giggling Ahsoka who I had to throw over my shoulder so she would stop chasing the stray animals in the street. Normally I wouldn't care and I'd let her do whatever she wishes, but she was tripping over her own feet every chance she got.

Three drinks, I got her all of three drinks and now she can't walk properly. I'm officially putting her on a one drink limit, at least until she learns to hold her own.

That annoying Vader—I decided that I prefer that name over Anakin, Anakin seems so... blah—was supposed to be the one to take Ahsoka to her room, but he insisted on rushing ahead of us to go see that idiot. And I can call her that because that's exactly what she's been lately.

But anyways; since he decided to leave us, now I was left with the babysitting job.

Ahsoka continuously giggled without a care in the world, "No you wouldn't." She responded confidently.

I rolled my eyes, "Try me."

After waving her bedroom open; I stepped inside and gently dropped her down onto her bed, "Stay." I held my hand out as she gazed up at me with red, dazed eyes, "Good girl." I gave her a quick thumbs up before spinning around to leave.

"Wait, you're leaving?" She asked in a somber tone.

I turned my head to the side just in time to see her stand up from her bed. Her previous playful nature was gone and she looked.. upset.

At first I had a smart remark in mind, but her expression alone changed the words that came out of my mouth before I could stop myself, "Did you want me to stay?"

Her eyes lit up, giving me my answer, "Just until I fall asleep, I've never been this out of my head before and I'd feel comfortable with someone here until then," She slurred her words as she sat back down. She kicked off her footwear and scooted backwards until she was able to pull her blanket over her lap.

"Fine," I sighed and folded my arms over my chest.

I guess leaving her in a state that she wasn't used to isn't the best idea, knowing her she'd start to roam around and get herself into trouble. The old me would've left her here without second guessing, but I feel like this little family thing that I decided to get myself into has made me soft - sort of.

"But don't expect me to sing or read you any bed time stories."

She half-smiled as she glanced down to her blanket. She fidgeted with the hems absentmindedly, "Don't worry, I'm not," She raised her head to lock her blue eyes with mine, but she moved too fast and that, mixed with the alcohol, caused her to have a dizzy spell.

She looked like she was about to fall off of the bed, but I stopped her just as she leaned too far towards the edge, "You're sitting too close to the edge, scoot towards the wall before your dumb self decides to fall." I didn't give her a chance to do it herself. Instead, I used the force to push her closer to the wall.