39-Dinner Time

༻✦༺

(y/n)'s POV
I giggled as I played with the excited puppy who I found laying in the bed with me when I awoke. Anakin had told me that he got me a dog after I practically begged him for one. And he is so much cuter than I thought he would be; the only issue is that I can't seem to remember his name. I don't think Anakin ever mentioned it to me, or if he did, then I already forgot it.

I scratched his belly as he laid on his back and wiggled side to side to show me that he was enjoying it, "It would be nice if you could talk, then you would be able to tell me your name." I joked to myself as I moved my hand to his neck where I scratched him some more and he closed his little eyes in bliss.

"His name is Milo." A feminine voice startled me and I glanced over to see a young girl standing in my doorway. I was so caught up in giving this dog my undivided attention that I didn't even hear the door opening.

I recognized her too, from the pipelines, and If I remember correctly, her name is Ahsoka. Anakin had told me the part she played in my demise, but that she was also oblivious to my killers true intentions. Initially I was scared that she was even here, I was worried that she was lying and only wanted to get close to finish the job.

"Judging by your silence and the nervous look you're giving me, I'm assuming he told you everything." She spoke sheepishly as she stepped in the room slowly, and maintained a decent distance between us; probably for my own comfort.

I nodded, "I also happen to know that if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here right now." Which was when my worries ceased and I no longer felt threatened by her presence.

I may have had a bit of a mental break down and almost killed myself, but now that I'm relatively calm and thinking rationally, I really don't want to die again. Not after everything that I've learned.

She raised her brows as she sat at the end of the bed, "So does this mean you're okay with being brought back-"

"I don't know," I cut her off quickly, then I sighed solemnly, "I can't explain how I feel about it. I'm grateful to have this second chance now, but look at me, I don't even have my memories; it's like he brought back an empty shell of a person." I know who I am now by word of lip, but at the same time, I still don't feel like I'm that person, "Not to mention how unnatural the whole thing is."

She nodded to show she understood my feelings, "It may not have been natural, but he only did it because he loves you and couldn't bear the pain of you being gone," She eyed me with a look of guilt. Judging by her expression, she still blames herself for what happened.

Also, her words got to me a little bit, I've come to learn that this man really does love me. I was starting to feel guilty for how I've treated him, especially since his intentions have always been genuine. Even when he made the wrong choices, he was still doing the best he could.

"And you're not an empty shell, you're still you. Now all you can do is try to re-learn who you are, and if we're lucky, you'll get your memories back along the way." She smiled infectiously and a sly grin broke through my stubborn lips as well.

She was right, I've been given another shot at this life and I shouldn't be wasting it by sitting here and ungratefully crying about it, that's doing nothing for me. I need to begin to understand who I am if I want to feel like me again.

"I guess I shouldn't be so hard on him," I looked down and continued petting the dog who was starting to get annoyed from the lack of attention I was giving him, "But I still don't really know who he is, other than that he's the Emperor of the galaxy and apparently my fiancé as well." I glanced to my nightstand that held the beautiful ring he had given me, I haven't put it back on. One day I might, but as of right now, I don't know him enough to love him the way he loves me.. he's still a stranger to my new eyes, "I want to know about him, but he seems reluctant to tell me more about himself than the basics. It's almost like he's afraid I'll reject him or something."