66 - Demand

1.6k words
༻✦༺
Countdown: 8 months

(Y/n)'s POV
I was laying in bed, staring up at the ceiling and waiting for my husband to come back home. I did go out to look for him not long after he stormed out. But the only person of relevance that I found was Rex.

He told me that he saw Anakin, Maul, and Ahsoka leave the property around the same time.

I assumed he wouldn't do anything too extravagant with Ahsoka around him, so I decided to give him his space. Rex told me that he looked a lot angrier than usual when he left, and I thought it would be best if I came back to the room and waited for him. I can only hope that when he returns he'll be more calm and we can talk this out.

In the meantime, I was trying to come up with a believable lie. I needed to tell him something so he would get off my back about learning the truth, and even though I'd feel terrible for lying to him; it was necessary.

I'll tell him the truth when everything is over, he'll understand, I know he will.

As I traveled through my thoughts, my focus was pulled to Milo who was laying on Anakin's side; whimpering for his Dad as he had his gaze glued to the door, "Don't worry, he'll be back soon." I reached over and ran my fingers through his soft fur to help soothe his anxious nature. He hardly gave me a glance and remained staring at the closed door.

Milo's attachment to Anakin has grown a lot lately, which is funny seeing as my husband didn't even want a dog. But I always knew he would grow more fond of Milo, and now I hardly see the dog as mine - he's more like ours now. Or just his...

"Hello darling, it's been a long time."

I quickly sat up in the bed, prompting Milo to pop his head with his ears perked. He cautiously scanned the room with a low growl as he searched for what startled me. But only I was able to see the dark silhouette in the corner of the room, the one that sickly resembled my husband.

I scrunched my face in disgust, "I would really prefer it if you didn't show up here wearing my husbands face."

Death shrugged casually, "I thought it'd make you more comfortable to have a familiar face, but I can always just visit you in my real form if that makes you feel better. But I have to warn you, you'd go blind." He chuckled darkly, slowly stepping forward till he was at the foot of my bed.

He may have resembled Anakin in many ways, but his skin was a deathly gray, and his eyes glowed a blood red, "Just anyone but him." I spat bitterly.

He rolled his eyes and instantly morphed into smoke, before coming back together with a different face, Maul's, "Now I'm your best friend," He winked, "If we can even still call him that, seeing as you two aren't exactly on speaking terms." He walked around my bed, towards where Milo was and slowly held his hand out like he was about to pet him.

"Don't," I scooted my dog closer and placed the blanket over his body, causing him look up at me with a confused head tilt.

Death glanced up with a devilish smirk, "The pretty girl has a brain too, my touch would've killed him," He stood up straight and breathed out a long exhale, "So I'm sure you're wondering why I'm here, talking to you."

"That, and how you know Maul and I aren't talking," I scooted a little further away from him. Every time he was around, I would get a cold sensation throughout my body, similar to how I felt when I was dead. It's as if my body was reminding me that I'm not meant to be here, and that  I should go back with him.