48-A Little Bit of Hope

༻✦༺
Countdown: 11 months & 3 weeks

(y/n)'s POV
I sat in the library which is the place that I've been spending most of my time. My face was currently buried in a book that I'm hoping would be beneficial to me, and my, problem. I wasn't giving up the love of my life that easily, and he never did say I couldn't find a loophole. His mistake for not establishing stricter rules.

As I was reading; a finger snaked it's way to the top of my book, and pushed it down to reveal the face of Anakin. He was sitting on the other side of the table with an open book laid out in front of him. He's usually here whenever I am since he hardly ever leaves my side. He either silently reads as well, or sometimes I catch him napping with his head on the table. I think it's sweet that he prefers to stay around me over anyone else, even if I'm being boring.

"Should I be concerned that you keep reading lore about death?" He pulled the book from my grasp, and scanned the page I was reading with furrowed brows.

"I'm just curious is all," I shrugged; leaning my back against the cushioned chair, "So, I want to pick your brain about something."

He set the book down on the table, and gestured to me with his gloved hand, "Shoot."

"Do you believe that death can die?" I asked, and it came out sounding way more insane than I intended it to.

He narrowed his eyes at me, "That doesn't make any sense."

I sighed, "Bear with me Ani," His eyes lit up at the nickname, "Hypothetically; say there's an angel of death; a being who creates a balance between life and death. Do you believe that such a being has the ability to die?" I tilted my head; curiously waiting for an answer from him. If there's anyone who will have a logical answer for something as complex as this, it's him. His mind works in miraculous ways that not even I could begin to understand.

After a few moments of his brows furrowing, while he traveled through his mind for an answer; he nodded, "Personally, I think anything can die." He shrugged, "Hypothetically; If there is a being that creates a balance between life and death, wouldn't immortality of anything upset that balance?" He asked rhetorically; then he sighed, "Or I don't know because then if they do die then who would keep the balance? It's kind of a complicated question (y/n-"

I cut him off by leaning over the table, and placing a kiss on his lips. He instantly kissed me back, and I could feel his mouth tugging into a smile. He has no idea that he's given me just a little bit of hope, and a little is all I need.

I just needed to know if it can die, because I don't care about the fucking balance, it's the balance that's threatening to take him away from me. I'll tear it apart if I have to.

I pulled away with a quiet sigh, "What would I do without you?" I smiled while gazing into his alluring sapphire eyes.

He lifted his gloved hand up, and brushed a strand of my (y/h/c) hair behind my ear dotingly; all while maintaining his beautiful smile, "Don't worry my love, I'm not going anywhere."

I inhaled and exhaled heavily to relieve my chest of the painful ache that was forming, "I know, not with me by your side." I refuse to lose you.

His smile widened beautifully, "So can I ask why you asked such a strange quest-"

Thankfully, since I didn't want to have to come up with a bullshit lie so fast, he was interrupted by by the doors bursting open. Maul stridently barged into the library like he owned the place, and came over towards us, "Little problem." He sighed; stopping next to Anakin with his arms crossed, "I need to find us a new blonde."