Part 53

"Hello Aman sir, this is Nandini." Nandini clutched her phone little bit more harder and waited with palpitating heart for the other side to respond.

"yes, mam! I understand why did you possibly call me. We are all aware of the situation and everything has been taken care of. You no need to worry about anything, rest assured."  Aman replied then and there without missing a bit. All he wanted to assure that little petite angel who had turned his monster child boss, into real white feathered angel. He had seen his boss to smile stealthily while checking his phone, or getting lost while working with a surprising ghost blush marring on his boss's face. Or the glint of pure happiness on his boss's chocolate  brown eyes where once only was sadness. So, he had taken a silent vow to take care of that happiness of his boss without any cost. And he was quite successful in that business as well. For 9 months he was able to hide his boss's relationship with that angel. Sure there was bribing and raising allowance of the staffs, endless negotiations with  the PR teams, flawless hide and seek from media and Niyonika mam. And he was intended to do so for whatever it was going to take.

Nandini always had respect for him. In this time span she had seen How loyal he was to Manik And how much respect he had for him. She had seen Aman taking Manik's tantrums, all nonsense childishness, no sense orders etc with serene smile and happiness. It really earned her respect for Aman. He had already helped her before with Manik's banglore concert. So, when this fiasco happened, she knew she needed to discuss all outcomes with Aman as he would help her if anything triggered Manik's name or reputation.

"Thank you Aman sir, this really meant a lot to me. One more thing, are you sure that this will Not affect  Manik's brand name at all? Oh, I Am actually worried about this. If anything happens because of me to Manik, then I can never forgive my existence." she told her suppressing her tears.

Aman understood her turmoil and again felt that sense of respect he had for her. " Am assuring you that everything is fine. You do not need to worry about anything. I am here, mam! "

Nandini relaxed a little bit and said " Thanks a lot! Please do not say about this call to Manik. He will Not be happy about me worrying about this."

Aman chuckled and said " Absolutely, I understand. And also, its Aman for you mam. Not sir. Please. "

Nandini smiled with this and replied " and its Nandini not mam, please. "

"Well, sorry but I love my job and my arrogant boss so I can't take risk of getting fired with not addressing my Boss's girlfriend as mam. We all know Manik sir is quite handful. Aren't we?" Aman responded back then and there and before Nandini could argue he continued " let's keep this way mam and again, no worries, all good here. "

Nandini released a deep breath and kept waiting for Manik To return home.

___

As soon as Manik entered his home, it was already 12:50AM and he was sure, Nandini was not awake by then. So he just took a detour to his liquor cabinet and poured himself a drink. He needed that to divert his mind a bit from that day. He threw his jacket in the nearby bar tool and walked to the in house poolside. He got himself settled in the massive  lounge chair and let the brown liquid burn his throat to divert his thoughts.

"Manik!!!"

He was jolt awake by that petal touch on his face  and mellifluous voice. He opened his eyes and saw his angel was standing in front of him wearing her cute panda night dress shorts and loose baggy tank top. Her eyes were full of tiredness and worries.

"Kab aaye tum? When did you have returned? Why didn't you come to our room? "

Manik's heart genuinely smiled with her OUR indication. "our room ". He felt pool of emotions inside of him. His and Her everything was THEIR now. And that made him happy after that drastic day's all bad things.

He took hold of her hand and pulled her to him softly. She got collided with his chest and made herself comfortable on top of over him.

Time passed, but they didnt say anything at all. They just let the silence and eachother's touch to sooth them.

Nandini was laying on top of Manik hugging him and absentmindly doodling on the open  top area his chest and sometimes kissing his chest and neck. She had already opened few top buttons of his shirt. While manik was caressing her bare hands and back.

"You know already. "  Manik suddenly broke the silence. In response she just nodded her head.

" scared?" he asked again.

This time Nandini tilted her head and look at him. She stared in her World's King's alluring yet worried eyes. It pained her heart a lot.

" I am actually. I don't want to lie to you. I don't need to lie to you. You can read through me just the way I do yours."

Manik's lips twisted its habitual manner with her response and he pulled her face close enough to pour soul searing kiss.
They needed that kiss direly to express their fear,love, support and immense compassion.

"I will not let anyone hurt you or us. I will tear the world apart if needed to protect us. MaNan promise! "  

Nandini looked at him with pure love and admiration and kissed his forehead lovingly. And suddenly she realized something and asked " MaNan promise??!!"

" so, what do you think that I won't know what you do while doodling on your that stupid black diary while you think I am not noticing!! Yes, you are correct, I have seen your MaNan thing that you have doodled on your diary along with ur Monster Manik one. And, what Nandu... You have designed and all in all calligraphic way for your World king with that stupid halo but drew those monster faces with my name!!! That's not fair."

Nandini laughed out loud and counter attacked with " Ohh.. So you finally accept that you are monster and my World king is the angel one... Happy realization!!!"

" Oh hello... Very funny!!!" Manik retorted laughingly. And then said "Wase, I really like how you joined our names so perfectly. You came up with our ship name! And I truly love it. " with that he kissed softly on her lips and continued  again " Thanks for being in my life and loving me. Please promise me you won't give up on us."

"Never!! I will never give up on us and sorry to say you but you are stuck with me for this lifetime.  ain't going anywhere. "

"MaNan Promise?" Manik asked longingly.

"Manik Promise!!" she replied and he couldn't be happier as he knew how much of that meant to her.

" I love you!!! " Manik professed his love again which he did not usually confessed. Nandini  smiled with happy tears and kissed him with all of the love she had for him.

" I love you more my World's King!! " with that they embraced eachother tightly and slowly drifted to peaceful slumber under the stars.

They knew that they needed The Talk but for that moment, they just needed themselves. They just needed MaNan to give solace to Manik and Nandini.