Part 55

" God, who is this Chick?"

" Look she is so short compared to him. Not a match!!"

" well, I am finding it cute. Their height difference is making them kind of cute couple. But, looks like the girl is not  attractive at all"

" I don't think they are couple, looks like Manik's another recent conquest."

"But, Manik was not seen with anyone recently other than That Mukti. I think they are couple as they work together in lots of projects."

"Aree, I heard he did kind of hook up with Aliya Roy while they were shooting the music video in New York. But she is tall and lean not like this picture mystery girl. This chick is kind of plumpy and short. She is definitely not Manik type. He dates only supermodels."

"Well, that's Manik for you girls!! He is a dream! I am definitely sure that this picture girl is just an one night stand. Otherwise Manik and her...Ugghhh completely no match."

Nandini was hearing the heated gossip going around in college regarding Manik and the mystery woman. And, none, not a single soul was saying good about her. Firstly she thought to brush the gossip as that is quite normal for fans to gossip about their heroes and their personal lives. few good  and few bad criticism. But listening this gossip sitting in the cafeteria for 20 freaking minutes and all she was hearing about the mystery girl and how unfit, mismatch she  was for the dreamy Rock star Malhotra.

First time she was feeling bad about the star spouses or girlfriends/boyfriends who were being targeted or criticized by the fans for no reasons. She was feeling bad for them as they were always been badmouthed by public because the fans thought them not worthy for their stars. Little did these fan or media understood that they should respect their stars personal choices and relationships and accept it with love. Only this would show the love the fans had for the stars.

She herself had judged Manik's few last conquests out of jealousy. Though those were not any serious relationships of his,but yet being a human being maybe that was going over the line.

So now unknowingly the world was criticized her, she was feeling low and disgusted.

She again opened the article on her phone and saw the blurry image of Manik hugging her hiding her face from the world.
Unknowingly a tiny smile escaped from her lips realizing how her World's King was shielding her from the cruel world. Her personal Knight in shining armor!!!

Then again the cruel criticism of her college mates made her upset. And unknowingly she started doubting whether she was good for Manik or not.

Couldn't bear it more, she rushed out of the cafeteria and started walking towards the bunker open area To get away from these hateful comments.

" What's up Nandu?"
Abhi jogged to a very tensed and upset Nandini. And getting a startled response from her, the best friend in him understood the turmoil going inside her.

"Hey, what happened?? was looking for you in the cafe. Are you still thinking of the news? Aree, don't think much, maybe its only temporary for him. Nothing to worry about, I am sure, he has hots for only you my Nandu"
Saying Abhi pinched her cheeks admiringly.

"huh...What??" Nandini got jolted with his words and thought about her secret being caught.

"What do you mean by he has hots for me? Who told you?How do you know that?"
A panicked Nandini started questioning an equally confused Abhi.

" Aree chill baba... I am joking. Just joking to lift your mood up pagal. I know you are upset about the news of ur World's king new possible girlfriend. So I was trying to divert your mood. What happened to you? I am seriously started worrying about you. Now a days, your lost behavior really worrying the hell out of me Nandu. What's going on? Tell na baba. I am your best friend."
She stared into his pleading eyes and guilt started poking her soul. How much she wished to hug him and share her dilemma regarding her worth in Manik the Rockstar's life, heck, how much she wished to tell him about her relationship with her world's king Manik.