Part 60

" Ohh, it feels like the old days!! " Abhi sighed happily hugging his best friends.

"Yes, its been a while we three are together like this. I was seriously missing you guys!" Sriya exclaimed in the hug.

" ohh, I so love you guys!!! " Nandini shed happy tears and hugged them tighter.

They were sitting in the cafeteria of the Westend Mall in Pune and chatting their hearts out. Sriya as per their paln, met Abhi and Nandini in the mall and then they just couldn't help but exclaimed in joy seeing eachother after so many days.

Abhi signalled Sriya and on its cue, she said clearing her throat  " So, I believe you have some explanation to do, Ms Nandini Moorthy "

Nandini choked on her pizza and asked startled " What? W...What are you talking about?"

Abhi sighed and said " Look Nandu, we know there's something you are hiding from us. "

Nandini just sat there trying to mask her palpitating heartbeats in the fear of getting her 'little secret' out which was actually not so little secret.

Seeing her feigning mask, he continued
" Throughout the entire ride, I saw you hooked up to your phone, you were messaging someone constantly. You were terribly upset when we started from Mumbai. You were cried out loud like you were leaving something behind. Moreover that, I still don't know where is your grandfather's flat you are staying at. And, you never allow me to drive you to college or drop. Hell, we don't even hang out anymore Like we used to do. "

Nandini was stunned seeing the outburst of Abhi. She knew how hurt he was because of her difficult behavior recently. But  she had  to do what she had to do save her relationship with Manik. And, looked like it somehow costed her relationship with her friends.

"Abhi... Woh.." she stammered with finding the proper words. She had already decided to inform about her relationship to them on her birthday. That would be the best way according to her logic. But it needed to wait for another week.

" Abhi, calm down. " Sriya, the always more composed and mature among three friends said calmly and then she turned her gaze to Nandini.

" I don't know what is going on with you Nandu, but I am sure you will going to tell us. And I am expecting this soon, sooner the best. "

Before Nandini could protest, she continued " I have turned a blind eye till now as I know you always have been more open when your heart wants it to, and I honestly admire that part about you. But, that doesn't mean I have shut this thoughts down that why do we not know the details of your apartment and how are you managing with the expenses without any help from us. You are always been a part of my family Nandu, so I loved taking care of you. But, its been months you started rejecting my help. And, don't tell me the little amount in your bank is what is helping you go through your life. So, I am waiting patiently for you to open up and you better have a great explanation for everything. "

Nandini gulped her saliva down and slowly freed the breath she was holding. She was feeling really guilty to hide such Great news of her life from her friends who were her support system, who loved and accepted her as their own family. But, it was not an easy to discuss news over a cup of coffee. Like 'hey guys, lovely to see you and before I forget, I am dating The Rockstar Manik Malhotra and having a live-in relationship. Oh and by the way, it is a secret from the world.!!!'

Sriya noticed the changes of emotions playing on Nandini 's face and her intuition of Nandini hiding something just proved it absolutely correct.

But, she knew, they had to wait for her to open up as Nandini was always a tough cookie when it comes to sharing her deep emotions other than it was for that Rockstar Malhotra she was obsessed with. She could go miles and dozen about him and her feelings for him in a heartbeat.
And, she was genuinely ecstatic when she got to know that Nandini got him as mentor also, she was doing an album with him. She knew her best friend deserved it not only as a student but as the craziest fan who sacrificed so much just to get a single glance of The Rockstar.