PART 80

He pulled her towards the bed and picked up a music pad. His music pad. His sacred Bible.

He forwarded to her and with a confused mind she took it. In their 11 months of relationship Nandini just opened the music pad twice. Once out of curiosity and another time when Manik  asked her to take it to the in-home studio where he was working on his music,  from their room. That's it. She respected Manik' music like anything. So, for her this music pad meant a world as well just like Manik's.

With shaking hands she opened the pad, Manik had kept a red rose as a page marker there. Nandini took the rose and smiled. Then she read a quote there

" My music is my life,
And, you are my lifeline.
So, welcome to my music world and
Be mine. Forever! "

She lifted her eyes to look at him.  Touched, happy lone tears started flowing. Manik wiped out her tears from her cheek and started caressing with his fingers.

" Nandini, this is your final birthday gift. There's this song I have written for us, of us. I want you to record this song with me. This will be added to my next album. And, before you think that this is for the deal we have made at SPACE for you to sing a jingle for my album, but it's not. Honestly, I wanted this from a long time and offered that day at SPACE program officially to the world so that there would not be any suspicion about you. "

Nandini was so touched and moved but there was this dilemma running in her head.

" But Manik, I am not prepared for it. I am not ready for such amazing thing. And, you already know I have never had that intention to make a music career. I just wanted to meet you. That's the reason I studied hard to get into SPACE with torch of desparate hope to be able to meet you one day. "

Manik cupped her face and responded

" Nandini, baby, I know . I know all of this. But baby you are a good singer. You have such mellifluous voice. I love your voice. And, I want to give you the world. I want the world to recognise you as You, not as my companion but my music partner. Please baby, consider this and you do not need to worry. I will help you with this. We will practice everyday to create this magical melody. I promise it will turn out as the epic one. I promise. Manik promise. "

He uttered with so much intensity that it overwhelmed her heart. She kissed his mole above his lips and said " Okay. "

A happy Manik hugged her tightly
" Thanks baby. "

" But, I want to say you something. " Her words broke their hug and Manik silently asked her to continue.

" I never wanted to be a musician. I love music because you love it. I wanted to be  a teacher from the very first day. Though it was my dad's wish for me to be a physicist. But, I accepted that and studies hard. But one day one YouTube video has changed my perspective of life. I stopped being me but became your's. I thought hard when you said that I should be having an ambition in life and I thought about it. And, now I know what I want in life apart from you. I want to be a music teacher. I want to guide people to fulfill their dreams. And you live for music . So that's what I want. "

She took a breath and continued

"And, Manik, I wish to have a low key life where I will be a partner of The Manik Malhotra and also a teacher who teaches how to be a crazy fan of your idol and then became a girlfriend as well."

She finished with a teasing wink to make Manik laugh.  Nandini then said mischievously

" And, with that out of the box duet with you, it will be the greatest feather in my resume and no one will stop me from getting selected as SPACE faculty member. "