Part 79

The party started with a bittersweet note with Nandini cutting the cake and then having a mental fight to whom she should offer the first bite. The competition was tough between her Bff and Bf. But, when she was having that dilemma, her BF and BFF were glaring eachother challenging. Their eyes threw challenge for that first bite from their precious birthday girl. And, the first bite always was special.

Before Nandini could come up with a solution to whom she should fed the cake first, Manik took it upon himself and grabbed her hand gently and took the cake slice from her. Then he offered the cake to her.

" Happy Birthday Baby" he whispered and fed the first slice of cake to her.

And, no need to clarify but that simple thing, let each of them won. Their precious person deserved the first bite.

Nandini then fed the half of her piece of cake to Manik and then the rest she fed to Sriya and Abhi.

The three bestfriends then started their own cake fight mostly Abhi and Nandini. And, Sriya occasionally teasing the two. Just like the good old days.

Manik signalled Aman aside who was eating his share of cake.

" Did you make it sure that no one got a sniff of us being here? "

He asked and Aman promptly stood straight. Alerted with his manager-ish mode.

" Yes sir. No one followed. But I am afraid we might not be able to always hide from the crude eyes of the paparazzi. It's getting really challenging after your and ma'am's photo got leaked in the lonavala hotel . Media started digging. So as Niyonika ma'am. "

Manik listened him and a fear ran through his spine. He was aware how Niyonika's men were following him here and there. He knew his mother suspected him even though his PR team had taken down the photo from the world within a day. But yet, that simple blur picture  was enough to ignite the fire of suspicion. And, even he didn't know how much he could hide his relationship and Nandini. He must come up with a plan.

" Make sure to escort them as discreet as possible to Mumbai tomorrow afternoon. I will take Nandini with me in the evening . Arrange everything properly " Manik instructed him. And Aman nodded.

Manik saw how Abhi reached out to Nandini's face to wipe out a chunk of cream. And his heart tingled with jealousy. Despite of knowing how Abhi treated Nandini as his sister that too older sister, but yet, he couldn't let of the jealousy.

He took a deep breath to compose himself and went to talk to Joseph to distract his mind. He asked Josheph to serve dinner to his bodyguards. And, went upstairs to his room to prepare Nandini's last birthday gift.

While the three friends were chatting among themselves, Sriya abruptly lifted Nandini's left arm and keenly started staring at her propose ring. Sriya had noticed this same kind of ring on Manik and that peaked her interest.

Nandini understood what was going on Sriya's mind, so she said softly.
" It's Manik 's gift. "

" Hmmm" still staring at the ring while playing with it Sriya nodded and then said " I believe it meant something else as well as I have seen the same kind your boyfriend is wearing as well "

Nandini slightly blushed and responded " it's a matching ring actually. Manik custom made these. "

" Wooooohhhooo couple rings" Abhi exclaimed in excitement.

" I love you my World's queen" Nandini whispered caressing the voice gram engraved on her ring.

Both of her friends stared at her confused.

Nandini cleared her voice and said lovingly pointing out the voice gram.
" This! It says I love you my World's queen. Manik's voice. And he has the same with My World's King engraved on it in my voice. "