Part 63

" Nandini..... !!! "

"Nandu.....!!!"

"Nandini.....!!! Baby where are you? Come to bed. Let me sleep a little more. Please...."

Manik's morning muffled voice echoed across his huge bedroom walls seeking the missing comfort beside him. His sleepy hand kept on patting the other side of the bed in hope of finding the missing piece of comfort.
But alas! They found none!

After having a shower this morning, his mind got jumbled up with emotions and the lazy mind of his again dragged him to bed for another round of nap as they say 'when nothing goes right, go to bed'.

He opened his sleepy eyes begrudgingly just to find the room void of sunshine, his Nandini. For few seconds his mind took time to adjust the emptiness and then sighed deeply. 

She was still not there!

He fetched his phone from the bedside table and as usual there were tons of notifications waiting for him from work along with Nandini's good morning wish.

He smiled and replied back and within a blink got reply 

"Good morning to you too my World's King. Don't worry I will be back by tomorrow evening. I miss you!"

He smiled softly with her words and his heart whispered ' not more than me.'

He aimlessly did his workout in the in-home gym for two hour stretch then walked to the kitchen. Suddenly he recalled that he had forgotten to call the Butlers to come to prepare breakfast. He groaned tiredly. Opening the fridge for some OJ he noticed last night's untouched food but nothing else.

Usually the butlers do the groceries and stock the kitchen with necessities so that Nandini didn't need to get worked up doing house chores. He remembered her complaining about groceries few days back at the dinner table. But that completely flew out of his mind as Manik Malhotra doing  any mundane work was not so Manik-ish. Nandini might had wisdom a lot good things in him, but still a lot to achieve.

He sighed deeply again throwing the empty juice cartoon in the trash can. He was about to call the butler but suddenly a thought occurred in his mind and he hurriedly ran upstairs towards his bedroom. 

Dressed in a pair of loose gym trouser and a red hoody, he walked out of his apartment and motioned the gurads for his departure. He hopped into his sleek black Audi Q8 and ignited it smoothly while a ghostly smile playing across his beautiful face. His array of guards started following his car.

_____________

" Oh, this place is so beautiful!" Nandini exclaimed along with Abhi as they reached to the Rajmachi fort and layed their picnic mat beside the  beautiful lake.

They settled themselves there and started eating the snacks occasionally while enjoying their togetherness.

Though Nandini was extremely happy spending time with her best friends, her heart and soul were missing her World's King terribly. She missed getting up beside him. Doodling patterns on his alluring back tattoo while he slept. Missed their kisses. His stolen kisses while she was doing her work. She was missing Them! And this distance of one night had made her realize that her affection towards Manik, was not due to her obsession with the Rockstar anymore But towards her boyfriend Manik, who loved her immensely.

" And, you are again lost! " Sriya pointed out.

" Oh, I.... I was just enjoying the beautiful view " she stuttered getting caught.

" really!!??" Sriya's questioning gaze cowarded her.

" You know, you are scaring us with all these secrecy. You never hide anything from us. " Sriya said.