Part 39

" Nandini pitch is too low. Try to manage the scale. Hear it again. "Manik advised and played the tune again.

The workshop was going pretty well today. And on Nandini's good luck the witty Manik was on leave and the serious dedicated Manik was on mood.

Nandini again tried and that time she managed to catch his scale little bit. But the Perfectionist Malhotra was till not satisfied.

" Achcha Nandini , you said that you learnt music in a workshop right? " he asked.

Nandini nodded sitting beside him. And replied casually " hmm. It was of one year workshop. After that I got scholarship in SPACE. "

" Ohhh okayy !! Achcha listen , you toh you're a good singer I know . I think your low scale is better than the higher one. So I am thinking for the final submission , let's go for any soft smoothy number. I guess it will suit you better. What's say? " Manik suggested.

" what say? What will I say? The Rockstar and my mentor will decide for me na? Jo guruji bolenge woh sishya sunegi. " she dramatically stated joining her palm.

" What? " Manik firstly became confused with the pure hindi.

" Mentor is guru. And student is Sishya. Samjhe Mr. Monster Intelligent Malhotra. " she replied carrying her same dramatic tone.

" Whatever !!! " Manik ignored that and said " toh as decided. We will go for a soft one. but I have one condition. " he said in a serious tone.

" Condition?" She confusingly asked.

" yes condition. Just like your guru dakshina type. " Manik raised his eyebrow seeing her frowns." So, the condition is I will make sure of the composition But you will gonna write the song. So basically song tumhara , composition mera. " Manik confidently demanded.

" but hhhow could I write a song? I can't do that. Mujhe toh aati v nehi song likhna. " she stammered in fear.

" Achcha? You didn't know? " Manik mocked her then said " if you don't know then last night what was that? There wasn't any particular ready lyrics right ? But yet you were signing. So? How? "

" ohhh toh Hum log baat kar rahe the and..." she paused and recalled their last night passionate encounter. And automatically her cheeks changed its colour.

Manik drank her redden face , shy pout fully then moved closer to her. Slowly he tucked the errant strands behind her ear and lovingly said

 " I know last night we were talking hain na? We were talking through music . So this time pen down your heart out. Do you know why? Because music is the voice of heart. Jo yahaan ( Manik placed his palm over her heart. ) pe hai wohi likhna. That will be your song. The pure one " he leaned and kissed her blush.

" And I will try to portray your heart with my music. " he kissed her jawline.

" And I promise I will try to match you in a better way. " he whispered again kissing her neck. She shivered with his alluring touch. And her lips whispered confidently " I don't want any better. Because I am already with the Best. "

And she kissed his lips softly. Manik stared at her being mesmerised with her confession. His heart smiled feeling the depth of love she had fir him. He cupped her face and kissed her forehead deeply. Then about to claim her lips when they heard a knock on the door.

Nandini quickly moved apart and sat in the other chair and Manik allowed the visitor disheartened and irritatingly to spoil their moment.

" Sir. Madam is expecting you on her cabin now. " the PA of Niyonika informed and left hurriedly to save himself from his madam's Adam son's warth.