Part 70

As soon as his feet touched the helipad of Malhotra Heights, he smirked. He followed by Aman and two other bodyguards, entered into the lift. Aman pressed floor 20th and Manik braced himself for the show.

" People! "

His arrival in the conference room full of the people twice of his age, was always dramatic.

" What did I do to owe you guys this unnecessary meeting? " He in his signature way mocked the board members.

Few of them snickered on his arrogance whereas few of them who liked him smiled on his attitude that really suited him well. They had seen him growing up. They knew the great potential he had. And, he not only had accomplished his music career all by himself, but also, took Malhotra Heights to different level with his sharp business mind, and they were happily enjoying the profit money. That was the reason they were gulping down the mocking he threw at them in every board meeting.

" Manik! " Niyonika gave him a raged look. As soon as he heard that Manik was using their company chopper which was on paper Manik's owned asset, she knew her plan to put him on tight spot by missing the board meeting, backfired on her. She sighed at this miss attempt. She very well were sure that there was a possibility that in Pune, Manik might be with that mystry girl. So she wanted to disrupt his moment with her. But alas!

" Manik, behave" she retorted again.

" Ah, Mrs. M! What a pleasant surprise to see you this morning! " His attention of mocking then poured upon her and she bit her inside tongue cheek to surpress her rage. She was standing leaning on the chairman's seat while wandering her manicured fingers on it.

" So " Manik clapped his hands and then snatched the chairman's seat from Niyonika's hold.
Then arrogantly raised his right eyebrow saying " Care to move " And pushed her slightly to sit on his designated seat, the chairman's seat.

" So, what are we waiting for, my next album release ?"  He mocked them again and stated " Let's start the show." He announced all in his business mode and the meeting started.

Niyonika's plan of getting the board against Manik backfired all over again and she gulped down the anger.

******

Nandini sat beside her father's bed in the hospital. Manik had left that morning for an urgent meeting. He had promised her that he would be back before the visiting hours were over. So that she won't be alone in their hotel suit.

She still couldn't digest the fact that he owned a chopper and that he used occasionally here and there. She sighed again imagining the money he possessed already from both of his music career and business.

And, she sometimes felt bad getting the benefits of his wealth unwillingly. She so wished to get her degree completed soon and look for a job. So that she could contribute to Their household along with Manik, even though he forbade her this thought. But, her being able to contribute  on their house would make her morals proud and mind at ease.

She had a heart to heart discussion with her father. And, though the relationship between them was not that smooth like butter that was before but it was not that bumpy anymore. She had informed him about her college, life, friends but only she kept hidden was about Manik. And, she came to know that his father was retired from his bank job and already planned to move back to their ancestral home in Mangalore. He was infact completing one of his to do list before moving back, and that accident happened. He enquired about the hospital expenses resting in the VIP Room and she gave another partial truth that Aman sir was taking care of it which was true in a way as technically Manik was paying.

The visiting hours for that afternoon was already over and her father was taking rest. Manik had messaged her that he would be late as he had to stop by his music studio for some pending work after his meeting at Malhotra Heights. She sighed and drank the coffee sitting in the hospital cafeteria.