Part 65

" Manik, you came!"

Nandini whispered like a desparate prayer seeing her love-God standing infront of her with eyes filled with love-worry- longing.

She hugged him placing a soft kiss over his heart and clutched him more firmly. Then she poured her heart out. The sound of her hurt heart echoed throughout the corridor on that twilight time of the day.

Manik pulled her more to him if that was even possible and placed an assuring kiss on her head to let her believe his presence and support. Seeing his World's queen in pain and crying bitterly, his heart also crunched with agony and unknowingly tears started flowing from his eyes as well.

Two people were completely shocked witnessing the scene infront of them. Neither they could believe what they were watching nor what they were listening. The scene was completely incredulous to them.

Slowly Nandini pulled herself out of Manik's hold. Manik wiped the tear strains of her cheeks, then cupped her face and enquired lovingly
" Are you feeling better, baby? "

Nandini slowly nodded placing her plam over Manik's on her cheeks. And asked back " Are you okay, Manik? "

Manik then released a deep breath to assure himself her safety within his vicinity. " Don't you ever scare me like that. I am not going to let you go away from me again. You get that? You have to be infront of me. Always. Everytime."

His eyes were filled with raw worry and  her heart clenched. Once again she witnessed how important she was to him. She witnessed the depth of love he had for her. And, despite of that upsetting environment, she felt blessed to be able to meet her God and encountering the love her God had for her. It was indeed overwhelming yet satisfying.

" I was so scared, Baby. Are you sure, you are okay? " He uttered again caressing her face.

A batch of fresh yet happy tears flowed from her doe eyes listening to his desparate prayer. He again wiped those tears lovingly.

" You are with me now. Of course, I am fine Manik. " She whispered back placing her plam over his heart to let his heart know about her wellbeing.

"Oh baby!" He pulled her again to him and uttered.  "I missed you so much".
He hugged her.

She smiled hugging him back and muttered  " I missed you too Manik. So very much. Thank you for coming to me."

Getting the much needed comfort, she said " Manik, appa. My dad"

" I know baby, I know. " He rubbed her back while hugging " Everything will be alright. Please don't worry. "

She nodded slightly placing a soft peck on the side of his neck and then broke the hug.

He then again said assuringly
" I am here with you. Don't stress out please. He will be alright, Nandini. I promise." Then he placed a deep kiss over her forehead and stayed like that for good few seconds.

Time flowed like in constrained that  night. It was already a dawn time. Manik and Nandini were consoling themselves in eachother's arms. And, both Abhi and Sriya were still satute in shock.

The sound of the operation theatre door broke the strance for every one present there. Nandini rushed to the doctors and scrub nurses followed by Manik and others.

" how's my father doctor?" She asked worriedly.

" The Operation was successfully. He is fine now. We need to keep him under observation for one or two days to monitor the improvement. Please wait a little while to meet him until we shift him to general ward  " They informed her assuringly.