Part 69

The entire ride from the hotel to hospital, Nandini's heart was beating frantically. She was trying very hard to gather herself to face her father.

As soon as she reached at the hospital, she was escorted to the VIP ward where her father was. Aman was waiting for her infront of the room. She took several heavy panicked breadths. She was dreading this moment to face. She was practically an estranged daughter.

" Nandini ma'am " Aman broke her trance. She nodded and pushed the door and took slow and unsure steps inside the room.

Her father was resting with his eyes closed. She was still finding words to greet her father. But she had no words.
She pulled the chair by the bed and sat.

She was mentally debating whether to wake her father up or just let him rest while she would be waiting until the end of the visit hour.

The later option weighed in and she sat there silently watching her father. Unknowingly her chain of thoughts were leaning towards her bestfriends. She needed to talk to her. They were there when she had none. They provided her love, comfort, shelter. She would always be indebted genuinely. So, she thought to meet her friends at Sriya's house that day itself as she knew Abhi might be returning to Mumbai that might or day after. If everything would be normal, then they might have already been on road to Mumbai by this afternoon.

Suddenly she heard slight movement from her father. And she was on her feet then and there.

" Appa " she whispered called her father and that grabbed her father's attention.

He looked at her.
She looked at him.

No words shared.
Only pool of tears flowing from both of their eyes.

Nandini couldn't hold herself more and threw herself to her father's awaiting chest.

" Appa..... I am really sorry "
She started crying vigorously. After such long time she could hug her father. Her father slowly started patting her back with the uninjured arm. Feeling her father's response, she felt more in ease and buried her face on his neck, crying her heart out.

When a weak painful grant left from her father, she realised that she had put pressure on his injured shoulder unknowingly. She promptly helped her father to settle down comfortably and slowly took her previous seat beside the bed.

Both of the father daughter endulged into a staring spare again.

After couple of minutes silence, she spoke first. " How are you feeling dad? "

His father just blinked his eyes weakly as an assuring guesture.

" I am sorry appa. " She said again.

In response, her father took her hand on his and patted it.

" Nandu " he weakly murmured.

After just long time he was calling his only daughter. It is as a bittersweet moment for both of them.

After his fight with his daughter related her choosen changed career path, he asked her sternly to leave the house. Though after that day he was in immense grid, but his ego was stopping him to reaching out to his daughter. However, he didn't stop helping her out financially, like arranging for her to get  monthly allowance from her mother's maiden property. He kept on taking a tab on her here and there silently. Yet, he didn't answered a single call from her. As a father he was hurt to see his daughter took different path from his wish. Not only that but also, when in a spur of moment of rahe, he asked her to leave, she left without any argument. He wanted her to fight back saying that sh won't leave him and their house as it's their.