Why Now?

Your Pov 

After Sasuke and Naruto got done with training for the day, we all decided to head back to Tazuna's house for dinner. 

"Thank you for having us and cooking us some food." I said while sitting down at the table. 

"No, problem. There's more than enough here so dig in." Tsunami said 

"Right, this looks so-" I was then interrupted by Sasuke and Naruto having an eating contest.

'They are going to puke.' I thought 

"Wow, it's been ages since we had guest over." Tazuna said while scratching the back of his head.  

"I want some more!" Sasuke and Naruto shouted and then glared at each other. 

"Sasuke! Naruto! Sit down!" I shouted angrily but, once they sat down they both looked sick. I then got up and took their bowls and they both whined. 

"Wait! don't take my bowl!" Naruto and Sasuke shouted. 

"I'm fed up with this rival contest you got going on! Plus, your wasting food." I said angrily and Tsunami nervously laughed. 

"But, I have to eat." Sasuke said 

"and I have to eat more than him, It's the only possible way that I will get strong enough to beat him!" Naruto replied. I then looked over at Kakashi for help and he sighed. 

"hmm, hmm, Yeah that's true but, puking won't help you." Kakashi said while crossing his arms. 

"Fine." Naruto whined 

"Hmph." Sasuke pouted and I hit him on the head. Once everyone else was down with their food, I help Tsunami pack up leftovers and cleaned the Kitchen. I then notice Sakura looking at a torn photo. 

"Excuse me this picture is torn. Is there some reason for that?" Sakura pointed out. 

"Sakura..." I warned and she looked over at me confused. I then noticed the family become nervous and the atmosphere turned dark. 

'Honestly, Sakura, you're a nice person sometimes but, you can't learn to shut your mouth and read the room.' I thought 

"Oh, It's my husband." Tsunami said and continued to wash the dishes. I looked over at her and she nodded, saying 'it's ok.' 

"They used to call him the hero of this village." Tazuna said and Inari got up and walked away. 

"Inari, where are you going?" Tsunami asked and ran after him. 

"Father you know you can't talk about him like that in front of Inari." she replied angrily and slammed the door. 

silence 

"Inari, he's so...what happened to him? Is there a story?" Sakura asked and I glared at her. 

'Sakura, now isn't the right time to be asking questions.' I thought while drying the dishes. 

silence 

'Though she is right, I am a little curious.' I thought and looked over at Kakashi and he sighed. 

"Hmm, is there a story behind this?" he asked calmly trying not to start anything new. 

silence 

"He wasn't his real father, he came into our family much later. And he brought so much happiness. He and Inari are very close and In those days, Inari would laugh and smile all the time. b-but, then..." Tazuna paused and started to tense.  I placed down the orange cloth on the countertop and turned around. 

silence 

"all that ended , he never laughs or smiles anymore, ever since that day everything changed." Tazuna said and cried. I then looked out the window and noticed a black bird fly by. 

'That can't be?' I thought and looked over at the group and excused myself from the conversation.  I walked to the door and slipped on my sandals and left. I then began looking around to see if I saw the bird. 

"Sigh, nothing. ha, I'm losing it." I said and rubbed my face and leaned against the porch pillar. 

Caw, Caw 

"Huh?" I said and saw the black bird looking at me and began cawing once more. I then looked around the perimeter to see if anyone was neary. Once, I knew it was clear I slowly walked towards the bird. Once I stood in front of the bird or crow, it tilted it's head. 

'Maybe...' I thought and reached our my hand and began petting it's head. The crow that flapped its wings and cawed in happiness. I looked down at the birds legs and noticed a small glass containers attached. I grabbed it and the bird flew off.  I looked down at the container and sighed. 

"Nee-chan? Are you ok?" Sasuke said walking towards me. I then quickly gripped the note and hid it.  Sasuke noticed this and looked concerned. 

"What are you hiding?" he asked pointing at my right hand. I then looked at the door and noticed team 7 looking at us. I crouched down and whispered "I promise, I tell you, but, this needs to remain private been us? Ok?" 

Sasuke then look up at me at me shocked, trying to process. I then poked his forehead and smiled. 

"W-wait, is that-" Sasuke said and I shushed him. Sasuke then nodded and returned back to normal and we both walked back to the house. As we entered the house Kakashi looked over at me with concern and I just smiled. 

"Yawn, look at the time, It's time for bed." I said and stretched. 

"Huh, but, what about my training?!" Naruto shouted 

"Naruto, tomorrow." I said and then walked up the stairs and Kakashi followed. I then see Tsunami and I look over at her. 

"Is, Inari ok?" I asked with concern

"Yes, he is, thank you for checking in." She smiled 

"Oh, also, don't worry about the dishes, they are done." I said and she smiled and nodded. 

I then walk into my room and Kakashi walks in and closes the door behind him.  I then grab my bag and look through it, and secretly place the note into a secret pocket. 

"So... Are you going to tell me why you left?" Kakashi asked 

'hmm, I should at least tell him the partial truth.' I thought 

"Y/n?" Kakashi questioned 

"Oh, yeah, sorry a spaced out there, haha." I replied nervously. Kakashi then walked towards me and sat down next to me. 

"I-It's just..." I then looked down at the floor

"Just what?" He asked concerned

"I saw a bird outside and-" 

"A bird?" Kakashi replied flatly

"Yeah and it was a crow, and I thought it was Itachi's but, turns out it was just a regular old bird." I said and rubbed my face.  I then felt Kakashi wrap his arms around me and kissed my head. 

"Huh? Kakashi I'm fine." I said and he hummed. I then looked at Kakashi and he smiled. 

"You can let me go now." I laughed and shook his head. 

"Nope." he said and leaned back and layed down next to me. I then started blushing and Kakashi was silent. 

silence 

"U-uh Kakashi?" I asked 

Silence 

"Kashi, I know your not sleeping." I said and got no answer. 

I then rolled around and gave him a kiss and he look at me and smirked. 

"I knew it!" I blushed and laughed. 

"Ok, ok, you got me." He laughed and buried his head into my shoulder. I then rubbed his head and he sighed. 

"I'm guessing you're not going to let me go?" I asked and he shook his head. 

"well, then goodnight." I said and closed my eyes.