Torn

"The couples that are meant to be, are the ones who go through everything that is meant to tear them apart, and come out even stronger."

Your Pov 

I quickly warped back home, took a shower and changed my clothes waiting for the news to hit. 

knock, knock 

'That's my que.' I thought and bolted to the door and their stood Guy. 

"Guy, what are you doing here, if you're looking for-" I said and Guy grabbed me by my shoulders.

"Y/n, I-It's just so awful..." Guy said and began to cry. 

"G-Guy, what happen?" I worriedly asked 

"It the Third Hokage-sama, he....was killed." Guy said. I then felt guilt and my stomach began to turn. 

"Wait-What about Kakashi, he was with Hokage-sama. Is he ok?" I shouted and began to panic. 

"Don't worry Y/n, Kakashi's fine, his in the hospital but-" 

"Sorry, Guy, I have to go." I said and pushed out the door and ran to the hospital. 'Hopefully that was believable.' I thought. I ran into the hospital and the nurses told me where Kakashi was. I opened the door and walked to Kakashi's asleep body. 

"Alright, Kakashi, it's time to wake up." I whispered and released the genjutsu. Kakashi then slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. I helped Kakashi sit up but, he flinched at me contact. He then looked at me and looked away. 

"You never answered my question, from before. Why did you do it?" Kakashi said in a low voice. A sat behind him on the bed and our backs barely touched. 

"Do you remember, after I got out of the hospital, I told you about what really happened, about why Itachi killed the Uchiha clan and why I had to leave randomly." I asked

"Hm." Kakashi replied. I leaned forward and placed my elbows on my knees and exhaled.  

"A few days after, I helped Itachi and Sasuke, The Third sent me a letter...." 

flashback

"Hey Y/n? A letter came for you." Kakashi said and handed it to me and I grabbed it. I sat down on the couch and began to open the letter. Kakashi left and walked down the hallway. 

Y/n-sama, 

I would like to have a talk with you to discuss some plans. 

Please come to my office immediately. 

-Third 

'What does the Hokage want?' I thought and I got up off the couch. 

"Kakashi, I'm heading out! I'll be right back ok?" I shouted down the hall.

"Ok, whatever. Just pick up some groceries, there's a list on the table." Kakashi shouted. 

"Alright." I shouted and left. 

....flash forward....

"Thank you for coming today." The Third said and I shut the door behind me. 

"Is there something you wanted to talk about?' I asked and the Third turned around and faced me. 

"Hmm, I guess. There's been one thing on my mind recently...How was your visit with Itachi?" The Third asked and I stood their shocked. 

"H-how did-" 

"Anyway, I'm guessing you know now the full truth about the clan's massacre." The Third said and puffed out smoke. 

"Yes." I said and looked down at the floor. 

"You know Y/n-sama, I'm starting to get old, a lot had happened in my life some good and some bad. The one thing I will always regret is giving a burden to such a young kid, Itachi had was such a kind soul and I took advantage of this. I had to choose what was best for the village and what I did, I thought was right at the time. But, now thinking back, I always wondered how things would have been, if we found another way..." The Third pondered. 

"I'm not sure what your getting at H-" I said and The Third interrupted me and held up his hand.

"And it seems, I'm making another bad choice and burdening another young adult...What I'm about to ask of you...will cause you pain and grief. But, It's for the best...I want you to assassinate me." He replied in a serious tone. 

"W-what?! But, why me? I don't understand!" I said and Third pulled down his hat over his eyes. 

"I know, you may try and hide it but, you resent me. I've seen it with me own two eyes and I don't blame you. And as for why you, you're the only one in the village I know of that can handle such a task." He said

"B-but..." I said and looked down at the floor. I then felt a hand on my shoulder and the Third smiled at me. 

Flashback ends 

silence 

"That makes it even more confusing." Kakashi said and looked over his left shoulder.

"I know, this wasn't exactly what I wanted." I replied. 

"I don't know what to think or feel. I feel angry at the Third for making you do this and I feel confused, you always keep changing Y/n.... I love you but-" Kakashi replied 

"But?" I asked 

"But, I don't know. What does this even mean for you...for me....for us?" Kakashi asked and turned around. 

"I-I don't know Kakashi, I'm scared. I didn't want to become this person, who you fear. I don't want to hurt people..."I said and started to cry. I then felt Kakashi wrap his arms around me and we sat there in silence. 

"Whatever, happens we'll figure it out." Kakashi whispered.