Past

Your Pov

Kakashi and I left this morning. The journey was long and tiring. Everytime I would ask Kakashi where we were going, all I got was 'Wait, what's that?' ' look over there' or 'oh, I don't know, it about the journey, not the destination.' And the occasional laughing from Kakashi reading his porn book.

But, then we made it to a private house that sat near a lake. The house was very nice, it had a modern house feel and had a spacious backyard. To be honest it was too nice to be true.  We walked inside and we both walked toward the bedroom to drop off our bags.

"So, how did you find this place?" I asked and Kakashi shrugged.

"It just a relatives house, they bought." Kakashi said and I looked at him.

"What?" Kakashi asked

"You have relatives?" I asked

"Yes? I don't know. I don't know much about my family or if they are still out there. The only reason I know about this place is because my father took me here once." Kakashi replied and scratched the back of his head nervously.

"Hmm, well, this place is very nice. It just shocked me because you don't talk about your life, when your father was around." I said and Kakashi sat down on the bed.

"Well, I don't remember much about my father. I was still young when he taught me Shinobi code and trained with me." Kakashi replied and looked down at the ground. I walked over and sat next to him.

"I haven't asked, but, do you have any memories of your family?" Kakashi asked

"Well, not really. I was young. But, one thing that always stood out to me, which is the only memory I have. One night I remember waking up and I walked over to my parents room, I can't remember why. I think I had some sort of a nightmare. But, my mom woke up and ran over to me to make sure I was ok. She took me back to my room and opened the window. She sat on the benched window ledge and pointed toward the sky. I can't remember what she said but, I remember running toward her and she gave me a hug. " I replied and then looked over at Kakashi. Looked at me with wide eyes.

"What? Is it something I said?" I nervously asked.

"You kept the necklace?" Kakashi asked

"Oh yeah, I did. Did you think I threw it away?" I asked and Kakashi sighed in relief.

"Look, I know the meaning behind this necklace. I wouldn't throw it away, I would have given it back to you." I said and Kakashi nodded.

Flashback

"Here you go. " Kakashi says. I open the box and see a heart shaped locket with a picture of me and Kakashi when we first met.

"It was my mothers, I had to get a new chain and I put the picture inside. I didn't know what to get you so--" He says

"no I like it, thank you Kakashi. I really appreciated what you did for me today. " I say and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"No problem. " He says looking away.

Flashback ends

I unhooked the necklace and opened the locket.

"The pictures still there." I lighthearted laughed.  Kakashi leaned over my shoulder.

" did I always have that look on my face?" He asked.

"You still make that face." I replied and he crossed his arms.

"Whatever." He replied and got up and held out his hand.

"What?" I asked

"Let just check out the rest of the house." Kakashi said and helped me up.