News From A Bird

Kakashi's Pov 

"Yo, sorry I'm late. A black cat crossed my path and I had to go the other way." I told team 7

"Liar!" Sakura and Naruto shouted. I then looked over and noticed that Sasuke was more dejected than usual. I hoped down from one of the beams and stood in front of the team. I reached into the back of my pocket and pulled out the pieces of paper.  

"Sensei, what are those for?" Sakura asked. 

"These are permission slips to take the Chunin exams." I replied and felt Naruto jump on top of me. 

"I love you Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto shouted and spun me around. 

"Naruto get off. Now, you don't have to take the exams if you want to. If you do, you are to meet at the exam hall, room 301, in one week." I said and pushed him off me. They all nodded and Naruto ran off and Sakura walked toward Sasuke. 

"Ne, Sasuke-kun, Do you want to go out to eat today?" she asked. 

"No. Leave me alone you're annoying." Sasuke replied and began walking away. 'hm, this must be about Y/n, she's been gone for a couple weeks now. I'm starting to worry about her.' I thought and jumped down next to Sasuke. 

"What do you want Kakashi." Sasuke said while looking up at me out of the corner of his eye. 

"Hm, you know you've been more annoyed than usual, is it something about Y/n? I asked and he paused for a brief second but, kept walking.

"Listen Sasuke, I know you know more about where she went than anyone else..." 

"Hn, whatever. Just leave me alone, it doesn't involve you." Sasuke interrupted me. 'doesn't involve me?' I mentally thought.

"So if it doesn't involve me than why did Y/n write me a note?" I lied and Sasuke looked shocked. 

"W-wait, she gave you a note? What did she say?" Sasuke pleaded. 'I need to be smart and think. I need him to tell me where she is.' I concluded 

"Well, she told me she was going off on a one week trip and it dealt with some... family issues."  I replied. 'Hopefully that's right, I only knew she left for one week because the hokage told me.' 

"Oh so you know then?" Sasuke mumbled and I tried to hide my shock. 

"mmhm." I hummed and Sasuke sighed. he motioned me to follow him back to the house. He unlocked the door, we slipped off our sandal, and walked to the living room. We both sat down across from each other.

"I haven't received anything from her, she told me she would be back. but, Now I'm starting to worry." Sasuke said while leaning back into the couch.

"Do you know where she went?" I asked and Sasuke looked at me confused. 

"No." Sasuke said and looked away but, I knew it was most likely I lie. Before I could talk I hear a cawing noise come from outside. I looked over and saw a black bird tapping at the window. Sasuke ran over and opened the window. The bird flew to Sasuke and landed on his shoulder. Sasuke looked over at me and back at the bird. I watched him take the note of the birds leg and it flew away. 

I walked over to Sasuke and tried to peer over his shoulder but, he hid the note and walked away. 

Sasuke's Pov 

I slowly unraveled the letter and out came I necklace, it was a yin necklace. 'This is the opposite side of Nee-chan's necklace.'  I then unrolled the note and began to read it. 

Sasuke, 

I'm sorry to reach out to you like this but, I thought this was something you needed to know. 

Y/n made it safe and we talked, she told me that you know the truth about that night. I would like to talk to you in person. But, for know, I want you to know that last night Y/n was taken by a guy named Tobi, as for his real name, I will tell you later. I have no idea where she went but, I'm on the case and currently looking for her. I plan on checking in with you, I have a bad feeling that you will be taken too. 

So this necklace contains portions of my chakra in it similar to Y/n's. I will be able to track you and hopefully once I meet with you. We can figure out how to track her. For now, please keep this secret and trust no one. 

See you soon. 

-Itachi 

The note then burned and turned to ash. I stood there shocked and Kakashi looked at me. I then slumped down and feel in the ground.

"Sasuke what's wrong? What did the note say?" Kakashi questioned. I just looked down at the ground and punched the floor boards and over and over again. 

"Damn it." I shouted 

"Sasuke, stop!" Kakashi said reaching towards me but, I smacked him away. 

"Stay away from me!" I shouted at his face and he looked shocked. 

"Sasuke, I need you to tell me what the note said." Kakashi asked. 

"No, I can't." I replied. 

"Sasuke, you can trust me." he told me. 

"No, I can't. Kakashi thanks for coming but, I think it's best that you leave." I replied and walked to my room. I looked back and saw Kakashi clenching his fists tightly and his face darkened. but, he regained himself, walked to the door, slipped on his sandals, and left. 

'Please be ok Nee-chan.' I thought while looking down at the floor.