Chapter 48

Your Pov

"Y/....c..." A voice says and everything just feels like a blur. Who would have thought 'losing' a child would make a mother feel like this.  

"N....n? ...A.....listen?" 

I stop and place my hands against my face. 'What if I don't make it in time? What if we don't make it? What if-'  

"Y/n." I stop and and look over my shoulder and see Itachi looking at me.  I close my eyes to recollect myself and reopen them and nod. 'This is no way to be acting!' I thought. 

"Thanks, I'm fine." I replied with a smile. 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say Nee-chan. Just sit down already your making me sick with all the pacing." Sasuke tsk'd and Itachi just grabbed my arm pulling me back into the conversation. I sat down next to Sasuke on the couch. 

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I asked. 

"Doesn't it seem suspicious that Rin's disappearance was at school? Why would someone use the school to their advantage?" Sasuke asked. I lean forward on my knees and fold my hands. 

"Not really. It would be a perfect opening to take Rin. That's the only time when she's not with Kakashi or I. Though there are times when Sakura or Naruto look after Rin." I said.

"Why would you even trust that usuratonkachi to watch Rin?" Sasuke asked. 

"I do trust Naruto....Well, sometimes." I laughed. 

Silence 

"Itachi?" I asked and he squeezed the bridge of his nose. 

"What if..." Itachi mumbled.

"What if, what?" Sasuke asked and Itachi looked over at me. 

"What if the 'person' didn't kidnap Rin when you first dropped her off. What if it was someone on the inside." Itachi asked. That's when the door was swung open by Kakashi. 

"Did you find something?" I asked and Kakashi nodded. 

"I found a record at that academy, on the day Rin disappeared. It seems she wasn't the only one who wasn't present in class." Kakashi stated. 

"Who wasn't there?" I asked. 

"Mosuke." Kakashi said and I paused. I looked back over at Itachi and nodded. 

"So, it seems that your theory might be accurate." I said. 

"But, they are still Genin, they don't have the level of skill to pull something off like this." Sasuke replied. 

"What if...Mosuke, isn't who we think he is?" Itachi asked. 

"So are you saying that Mosuke isn't an actual student..but if that's true then..." I paused. 

"I knew something was off about that kid." Kakashi said which seemed to piss Sasuke off. 

"Then why didn't you do something sooner?" Sasuke replied in a low voice. 

"Sasuke." Itachi warned. 

Silence

"Well, now the scope just got a whole lot bigger..." I said and placed my head in my hands. I felt so frustrated and I felt my eyes begin to water.  I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and I slowly brought my hands down from my face. 

"We'll find her don't worry. She's strong just like her mother." Kakashi said and I looked down at the ground. Kakashi tried to remain strong but, I knew deep down he was being torn apart. I grabbed his hand and gave a low 'thanks.'

"Kakashi-san, was their anything else that you found at the academy? Any clues?" Itachi asked and Kakashi hummed. 

"Hmmm, well there wasn't much, but, there was one thing. When I was walking around asking questions. It felt like someone was staring at me and I found a kid from Rin's class." Kakashi said.

"Which kid?" I asked. 

"Some kid with blue hair." Kakashi stated and I facepalmed. 

"Kami's kid." I said. 

"She has a kid?!" Kakashi shouted in disbelief. 

"Adopted apparently." I said. 

"So, do you think this kid had a role in all of this?" Sasuke asked. 

"No, he seemed just to have a crush on Rin. He did hand me a note...so there's no way he saw what happened. " I stated 

Silence

"It wouldn't hurt to-Sasuke where are you going?" Itachi asked. 

"Hn." Sasuke replied and left the house. 

"You don't think he's going to beat up some 5 year olds right?" I sarcastically replied. 

Silence 

"Right?!" I asked.