Back At The Senju Household

Kakashi's Pov 

It been a week or....to be honest ever since we got back to the village it's been a blur. I am trying my best to keep everything together. I need to keep everything together for my daughter. I haven't seen Sasuke in awhile,  probably due to the fact that he told Rin officially what happened shortly after our return. 

The following 'storyline' takes place as a flashback...   (a/n: I didn't want to Italics everything because that would be hard to read). 

"Sasuke maybe you should wait to tell her." I said and Sasuke walked over to the window. Itachi was outside in the backyard talking with Rin. Her once cheerful face turned into something dark. It was like a dark rain cloud loomed over her silver hair.  

"I can't keep it in any longer, Kakashi...the guilt his eating me alive." Sasuke said and gripped his face. I looked over at him in sorrow and I knew deep down I despised Sasuke. I couldn't help this feeling and I knew Sasuke could sense my facade. 

I walked over to the large glass window, where Sasuke stood and looked out into the backyard. Rin looked up and gave a small wave to us and I waved back. Sasuke head fell forward and I placed my left hand on his shoulder.  Sasuke looked up and wiped and stray tear and nodded.  

"Kakashi...despite everything...thank you." Sasuke said and I looked at him in surprise and slowly nodded. We both walked out of the house and met with Itachi and Rin in the backyard. 

'"Hey Dad..I was wondering..huh?" Rin paused and looked over at Sasuke. 

"Hey Rin? Can I talk to you for a second?" Sasuke asked and Itachi looked over at him with worry.

"Sure...what's up uncle Sasuke?" Rin asked and Itachi got up and placed his hand on Sasuke's shoulder. Itachi whispered something in Sasuke's right ear and Sasuke only shook his head and pushed Itachi's hand off his shoulder. 

"Is something wrong?" Rin asked worriedly and look to me for an answer. I walked over to her and crouched down to her level. 

"Rin, I know things haven't been the best lately every since mom's passing. but-"

"Dad what are you getting at?" Rin asked and I sighed. 'To be honest I wasn't quite sure myself. I can't tell a five year old to magically forgive her mother's killer. She has to decide that on her own, I just hope she doesn't take it too hard.' 

"Promise to keep an open mind, ok?" I asked and squeezed her nose. 

"Ok?" She said and rubbed her nose. I got back up and Itachi and I walked away. We watched Sasuke from afar. 

"Are you sure this is a good idea? Nee-chan did just die recently...Rin is confused and broken. I don't think it's a good idea to pour more information on to her." Itachi said while keep an eye on his niece and younger brother. I watch Sasuke place his hand on Rin shoulder and he began to talk. 

"I agree. But, Sasuke wanted to do this and he has to be the one to tell her." I said and looked at Itachi and he slowly nodded. 

"I worry..." Itachi mumbled and I stuffed my hands in my pockets.

"Same..." 

Silence 

"How are you holding up Kakashi-san?" Itachi asked and I tensed. 

"If I'm being real...then not great..It's really hard to keep everything together." I said in a saddened tone. 

"Listen Kakashi-san, sometimes it's best to keep things together and sometimes it's not. Rin is still young but, she isn't stupid. She can sense somethings wrong with you and she needs a father figure to be there in her life. You need to allow yourself to cope." Itachi said and I let out a sort laugh. 

"He-I guess you're right but how-"

"What do you mean!" Rin shouted and Sasuke placed his hands together. I looked over at Itachi and I knew we were thinking the same thing. 

"R-Rin I'm really sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen." Sasuke said with a raised voice. 

Silence 

I watched Rin grab Sasuke's hands and squeezed them. Sasuke looked at her with shock. Itachi and I slowly walked over to hear the conversation. 

"It was an accident wasn't it?" She said and Sasuke squeezed her hands. 

"Yes. I'm sorry...I should have..." Sasuke said and I saw Rin squeeze his nose. 

"It's ok uncle Sasuke....I believe you." She smiled and she turned toward us and that's when I saw her face. 

"Y-Y/n?" I mumbled and Itachi smiled. 

"But, why aren't you angry?" Sasuke said and stood up.

"U-uncle Sasuke?" Rin asked and Sasuke turned around. 

"I-I don't understand..." Sasuke mumbled and walked off. 

"Sasuke! Wait!" Itachi shouted and ran after him.  Rin looked up at me with her (your eye color) eyes. 

"Is Uncle Sasuke going to be ok?" She asked and I sighed. I rubbed her head and she pouted. 

"I hope." I said and she turned toward where Sasuke ran off. 

Flashback ends 

knock, knock 

I walked over to the door and pulled it open. 

"Uncle Itachi!!" Rin shouted while running over giving him a hug. 

"How's my favorite niece?" he asked and rubbed her head. 

"I'm your only niece!" Rin countered and Itachi laughed. Rin pulled him in the house and Itachi quickly took off his sandals. 

"Wait here I have something to show you something!" Rin shouted and ran off into her room.

Silence 

"How's Sasuke been?" I asked and Itachi sighed. 

"He's been keeping himself behind closed doors and doesn't talk much." Itachi said and I nodded slowly.  

Bonus:

"Look I made this picture of you and uncle Sasuke!" Rin said and Itachi picked up the light construction paper. 

"O-Oh thank you Rin. It's a very nice picture. Um..is this an umbrella or.." Itachi said trying to figure out what the drawing was.

"No! Obviously it you arm...duh!" Rin said and I laughed. 

"But..Why do I have a hook for a hand?" Itachi asked. 

"Because...Why not! " Rin replied and Itachi only sighed. 

"Hey Rin? Did you make a picture of Kakashi-san?" Itachi asked and smirked. I looked over at him and nervously laughed. 

"Oh, yeah wait here!" She shouted. 

"Is it bad?" Itachi laughed and I hit him on the shoulder. Rin came running out shortly after with another picture. I watched Itachi's figure shake. He was trying to contain his laughter. 

"Hey Rin can I keep this?" Itachi laughed and I glared at him.