The Village of Sorrow

Tsunade's Pov

..before the trip to the rain village...

"What do you mean they just left!" I shouted and slammed my hand on my desk.

"Tsunade-sama-" Shizune said trying to calm me down.

"What the hell happened?!" I shouted again and Shizune gulped. 

"I'm not sure Tsunade-sama. But, I think it has something to do with Rin." Shizune replied. 'Rin? I just saw her a few days ago. Did she go missing and why didn't Y/n come talk to me and why am I hearing about this now?' 

Silence 

"What do you suppose we do Tsunade? Should we send the ANBU to bring them back?"  Shizune asked. I walked over to the window and looked out and clenched my eyes shut. 'Why, didn't you come to me? I thought....' 

Flashback 

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you, when I heard about the news it was too late. I didn't know what to do. I didn't think you wanted to see me." 

"Well, I did. You're the only family I have left." Y/n said while wiping away a stray tear. I walked over and pulled her into a hug. 

"I'm so sorry." I repeated.

"Its fine." Y/n mumbled into my shoulder. 

"Y/n, you're clearly not fine and that's ok. But, I want you to trust me and confide in me." I said and Y/n looked up at me. 

"R-right...thanks Tsunade. I'm sorry for not telling you sooner."

Flashback ends

"No. Let them go. But, once the return have someone collect them at the gates. I want an immediate report." I demanded and placed my arms behind my back. 

"Of course, by the way Tsunade-sama?" Shizune asked and I turned around to face her. I pushed back the office chair and sat down. 

"They'll be fine right?" She asked.

Silence 

"What kind of stupid question is that?! Of course they'll be fine! Y/n is a Senju after all and we are tough as nails. Now is there anything else?" I stated changing the topic. 'Please be ok Y/n...I worry about you so much.' 

"Oh actually! Did you finish the re-" 

"Well, Look at the time! It's almost lunch and I'm starving! Could you go and grab me something to eat?" I asked and Shizune bent forward. 

"Alright...but I expect you to be done with that report once you're done eating." 

"Yeah, yeah." I waved and motioned her away. I spun around and looked down at my hands. 'You better get Rin back and make whoever took her pay.' 

...a few days later... 

knock, knock 

"Come in!" I shouted and the door slowly opened. I watched Sasuke and Kakashi walk into the room, looking down at the floor. 'Where is she? She must be with Rin?' 

"Kakashi and Sasuke? Your both back. What's with the long faces?" I asked.

Silence 

"Someone better start talking right now!" I shouted and slammed my hands on the desk. My patience level was very thin. 

Silence 

"T-tsunade-sama...I-it-" 

"Kakashi. I'll tell her it was my fault." Sasuke said in a serious tone. I looked over at Kakashi who looked like he was about to fall over and break into tiny pieces. I looked over at Sasuke and noticed he was averting my gaze. 'guilt? Must be.' 

"It's about Y/n..." Sasuke started. 'No don't say it!' 

Silence

"S-she was killed..." Sasuke stuttered. I felt my body turn cold and I stood there frozen. I looked over at Kakashi for confirmation. 'There's no way...there's no way!' Kakashi looked at me and slowly nodded and clenched his fists. 

Silence 

"B-by who? WHO DID IT!!" I mumbled the first part and then slowly raised my voice. I looked directly at Sasuke who began to tremble and I slowly saw tears fall from his face. 

Silence 

"T-tsunde-sama...It was an-" Kakashi started.

"Shut up Kakashi!" Sasuke shouted and Kakashi looked at him in sorrow. 

"It was my fault!" Sasuke shouted. 

Silence 

"What do you mean it was your fault?!" I shouted and I could feel tears escaping from the side of my eye lids. 

"W-we came into contact with a masked man...who goes by the name Madara Uchiha...He was the one who kidnapped Rin. Once Y/n and I came into contact with him he injected us with a drug...I-I thought (sobs) I was fighting Madara...b-but (sobs) I-I was fighting Y/n." Sasuke sobbed and clenched his face.

"Get out." I mumbled and both Sasuke and Kakashi looked up at me. 

Silence 

"I SAID GET OUT!!!" I shouted and Sasuke slowly backed away and shook in fear. He ran out of the office and Kakashi looked over at me. 

"Tsunade-sama, It was-" 

"Why didn't you protect her!? Huh?! And how could you even forgive him that easily?! He's an Uchiha he should have seen through that genjutsu?!" I shouted and tears were falling from my face. 

Silence 

"Y-You know e-exactly why!!" Kakashi shouted and started to back away. He brought his hands to his face. I looked down at my desk and placed my hands against the wood for support.  Kakashi then forcefully pulled open the door and it slammed shut.  

"DAMN IT!!" I shouted and punch the desk and it broke in half. I fell over and looked up at the ceiling.