Strawberry Milkshake

Timeskip 7 months

Your Pov 

"Hey Y/n." Kurenai shouted and waved. 

"Yo, what's up?" I asked and she shrugged. 

"Not much, I can't believe how big you've gotten. How are you?" Kurenai shouted and I nervously laughed. 

"Y-yeah? I'm Just having a fun time." I sarcastically said and Kurenai nervously laughed. 

"So, how's Kakashi been doing?" she asked and I rubbed my face. 

"Let's just say, he's been causing most of my stress. I know he means well but, he stressing over things way too much. Especially after the daily check-ups with Tsunade, my last one she told us that the baby may come earlier than expected." I replied and sighed.  Kurenai grabbed my shoulder and gave my a side hug. 

"I'm sure everything will be fine-" Kurenai replied and I titled my head.

"Tell Kakashi that." I sighed and Kurenai laughed. 

"Look Y/n, you may not attempt it but, your clearly nervous too." Kurenai replied and I nodded slowly. 

"Hmm, I'm kinda hungry. Let's go get something to eat." I thought out loud. 

"What are you hungry for?" Kurenai asked. 

 "Strawberries, and french fries." I replied and Kurenai looked at me.

"What?" I asked and she shook her head. 

"Why don't we go get a milkshake and you get some fries." Kurenai replied and I smiled. She grabbed my arm linking it with hers and we walked toward a nearby restaurant. We ordered our milkshakes and I got a side of fries. Once we got our order we sat down outside on the patio. 

"mmm, this is so good!" I said in excitement and Kurenai laughed at me. I then looked down at my glass and noticed the straw was white with pink stripes. I then started to tear up a little and Kurenai grabbed my hand. 

"What's wrong?" She asked worriedly. 

"Isn't it so cute." I said and twirled the straw and Kurenai looked dumbfounded. 

"Y/n, it's a pink straw." Kurenai facepalmed. 

"But, it matches my milkshake." I replied. 

"Why are you crying though?" she asked and I looked at her confused. 

"I'm crying? I'm not sad, I think it's just pregnancy hormones or something." I shrugged and drank more of my milkshake. 

"Right, I hope I don't get that bad when I'm pregnant." Kurenai laughed. 

"Well, I thought I wasn't going to act like this but, it all started when I hit month 3." I laughed and Kurenai choked. 

"So, there's no hope then?" She asked. 

"Nope." I said and ate my fries. 

"So, are you thinking about names?" She asked and drank her mint chip milkshake. 

"Well, if it's a girl, we are naming her Rin and if it's a boy, we are naming him Obito." I replied and Kurenai looked at me and smiled. 

"What?" I asked concerned. 

"Nothing, anyway how do you not know the gender?" Kurenai asked and I shrugged. 

"I wanted it to be a surprise." I shrugged and Kurenai put her head on her hand. 

"Well, I think it's going to be a girl." Kurenai replied and I looked at her curiously. 

"Why do you think that?" I asked and Kurenai hummed. 

"It's just a hunch, but, I have the gut feeling." she replied and I shrugged. 

"Well, I was leaning towards a boy, just cause I don't want to deal with the girl drama phase." I replied and Kurenai laughed. 

"I mean you do have a point." Kurenai snickered and I laughed along with her.  That's when I heard a barking noise next to me, I looked over and saw Pakkun. 

"Yo Pakkun, how are you?" I asked and he sighed.

"Just peachy, you know Kakashi's gonna be mad if your eating junk food." Pakkun replied and I looked at him. 

"Yeah, yeah. But, I don't care. Everything else right now smells like roadkill so, it's probably better to eat something rather than nothing." I replied. 

"Wait really?" Kurenai blurted out. 

"Yeah, sadly." I replied and she bent forward. 

"Pregnancy sucks." Kurenai said in disappointment. 

"Yeah, but, it has it highlights, sometimes." I nervously laughed. I slowly got up and Kurenai walked over and tried to help me but,  I put my hand up. I stretched and helped Kurenai throw away the trash and place the glasses into a plastic bin. We both walked out of the shop and I met with Pakkun outside. 

"Well, I guess this is goodbye for now." I said and she walked over and gave me a hug and walked off. 

"Alright, now to walk back." I said out load. I looked down at Pakkun and he shook his head. 

"What?" I replied 

"You know you always cause trouble for me." Pakkun replied. 

"Well, it's not my fault that Kakashi's such a worry-wart." I replied and Pakkun laughed.